Chapter 4

^^^Alexis

Alexis' POV

I hum along to the music blasting from my ipod as I twirl the gem on Zelda's necklace which was around my neck.

“You know, I thought you'd be blonde” Lola says to me as she takes a seat opposite me.

She slides a soda across the table and I catch it. I stop the music and slide the headphones down around my neck.

“Really? Well I'm sorry to disappoint”.

She pops the can open and takes a swig.

“Oh no. You don't disappoint. I blame myself for watching too much TV and believing all foreign students from the US are blonde”.

I chuckle and pop my can open.

“Well for what it's worth, I'm glad you're not blonde” Zuleha says joining us.

“Really, why's that?” I ask.

“Because, blondes are way too overrated”.

“Amen!” Lola cheers raising her drink. “So I guess sharing a room with two freshman isn't the worst thing ever”.

“You seem like the party type” I tell her.

“What gave it away I wonder” Zuleha asks sarcastically.

“I didn't know you were capable of sarcasm freshy” Lola smiles.

Zuleha shakes her head.

“So I'm guessing you realize that this break is just a means of me satisfying my curiosities about you Alexandra”.

“You're curious about me? Why?”.

“Well you're the new girl...”.

“Hey, the fact that I'm ...”.

“... from the US. And everybody loves the US”.

“Well so?”.

“So, if there's a new girl, who happens to be both insanely pretty, and makes Ugg boots work in the Australian summer; she's sure to catch more than a few attention. Trust me, I've seen this all before... twice even”.

“You get insanely famous and forget the once you started with. So you have to answer my questions before you get noticed”.

“Well this new girl isn't planning on catching anyone's attention for the 4 years she's staying here”.

“Goodluck with that” Lola smirks.

“No seriously. Why do you think I flew halfway across the world to go to college?”.

“To be independent, I guess” Zuleha says, twirling a straw.

“Maybe you like ran away or something” Lola states.

“Okay, why would I ran away?” I laugh.

“I don't know. From a deep dark secret? To prevent your past from catching up to you? Or, you just think going far away will help you move on from that terrible relationship that's been haunting you for a long time”.

“Just saying Alex. I'm assuming; like in the movies” Lola chuckles, chewing on a straw.

Zuleha glances at her. I feel a haunted feeling creep up my spine. She'd hit the nail on the head.

Was it that obvious?

“Alexandra are you okay?”.

I flinch at Zuleha's touch.