Chapter 21

Dedicated to Lomezzie
Thank you so much ❤

^^^Alexis^^^

~Colorado

Alexis' POV

I feel someone shake me as I suck myself out of my dream. I open my eyes and turn to my side. I see my grandmother smiling at me.

"We're here dear".

I look outside the car window. We were in front of a house- not the pack house, our own house.

"C'mon" grandma Michelle says getting down.

"Yeah I'm behind you" I say.

I catch a glimpse of myself in the rear view mirror. My hair was a bit messy. I straighten my orange jacket, sling my backpack over a shoulder and open the car door. Throwing my hoodie over my head, I slip my free hand into a pocket of my jacket and step down from the car.

I slam the door behind me and move towards the house. The grass crisped under my shoes. I open the door and walk in. Voices were coming from the living room. I walk quietly over there.

Dad's tongue was down mom's throat. Usually I would cringe and make a disgusted face like Mia was making at the moment; but instead I lean my head against the doorway wall and smile. I feel a hand on my shoulder but I don't move.

"We all love a happily ever after don't we Miss Lexi?".

"Yep" I answer. "Even if you don't get your happily ever after" I add in a whisper.

"The right time will come Miss Lexi" she says.

I turn and smile at Cordelia.

"C'mon let's get you to your room".

I follow her up the stairs through the huge hallway and then to a door.

"This is my room?" I ask.

She nods.

"I'll be around for a while before I go back to the pack house so if you need me to do anything for you, you just call me and I'll come running...".

"Cordelia... " I cut her off. "... I'll be fine. Thank you".

She smiles.

"Can I give you a hug?".

I let out a small laugh and nod. Grinning, she hugs me, patting my back.

"I'm so glad you and your mother are alright. You gave us quite a scare".

"I'm fine Cordelia. Now go before you get into trouble because of me".

"I'll see you when you arrive at the pack house".

I nod and watch her disappear down the hallway. I turn around and turn the doorknob. Entering, I drop my bag in the nearest chair and walk to my bed; kicking off my shoes. I take a seat at the edge and slowly allow myself to fall back into the soft sheets; soaking up every ounce of comfort.

"Wow is this what having money feels like? Not that I feel anything...".

I look up and see Keana. I lie back down.

"Where's Madison?" I ask.

"Visiting her grave"

I sit up and frown.

"Her grave?".

"Mm-hm".

But why would she want to do that?