Chapter 25

✢Noah's POV

“Well did you see who was after her?” Malia asks.

I shake my head.

“I tried but it didn't look like there was anything or anyone else at the bar”.

“Well did you ask?”.

I nod.

“Both bartenders spoke to her before leaving to go break up some bar fight”.

“So technically they saw nothing”.

I nod again.

“Yea. It could have been anybody... or anything”.

Malia groans.

“Why do the fun things always happen when I'm not around? You should have let me come with you guys”.

I chuckle at her silly pout.

“My wolf spirit is enough a third wheel Malia”.

“Well at least you should have called earlier. There's this teleportation spell I've been working on... it'd have been the perfect time to try it out”.

I shake my head.

“No thanks”.

A soft groan reaches my ears and I look over my shoulder. She was beginning to stir.

“Hey I'll call you back yes?”.

She nods in understanding.

“Take care of her alright? And I'll check in with Pablo just in case he had something to do with this”.

I nod.

“Hey and remember, you still have to open up”.

I look over my shoulder again and dread the feeling. But I just nod at Malia and end the video call. I walk away from the balcony and close the door. I begin to pour a glass of water when she sits up.

“Hey...” she replies weakly.

I smile at her and hand her the glass.

“Hey”.

Alexis' POV

I take a sip of the water and hand it back to him. I feel my forehead and groan at the pain in my neck.

“What happened?” I ask.

Noah lets out a breath and tucks both his hands into his pockets.

“I don't even know where to begin” he says quietly.

I shift my weight.

“I asked you to marry me and you said yes and you got so excited, you started to cry and cry and you just passed out on me”.

I study his face and blink. Then I pout and bring my hands to my chest.

“Oh... okay. I just can't believe I said yes”.

He chuckles.

“Touché”.

I let out a little laugh.

“Now can you please tell me what happened?”.

He nods.

“You were mad at me so you left the dispensary to go get a drink. I waited and waited but you weren't showing up so I decided to come and look for you. I barely got to the bar when I saw you ran out. I tried to ran after you and... damn girl you're fast”.

I chuckle.

“So I used the other route and caught you before you fell. You were crying and you asked me to get you out of there. And on our way here you started hyperventilating and you just passed out”.