Chapter 5

☆ Noah's POV

I pick up the plush dinosaur and turn it around in my hands.

Georgina.

I smile quietly to myself. It belonged to Alexis. She obviously passed it down to the child. I set it aside and pick up the framed picture that had been turned face down. It was a picture of Alexis holding the baby and a young woman.

“Who's she?” I ask, turning the picture over to show Marcus.

“We saw her pictures everywhere around Alexis' home in Singapore when we searched it. Her neighbor identified her as the babysitter”.

“So she's who my son is with now?”.

“Yes and we still have trackers out there searching for them”.

I nod and set the picture aside. I reach into the luggage again and pull out the next item. My breath catches to the back of my throat as I stare at the red lacy thong in my hands. I feel myself go hard as my fingers gently rub the lace. Marcus clears his throat and I drop it back in the luggage.

The door to my living opens and my father walks in.

“Is she awake yet, son?” he asks.

“No” I reply bluntly.

“Well, what are you doing?” he asks again.

“Going through her things”.

He's about to speak up again when my grandfather strolls in. He looks at Marcus and then me.

“What's this I'm hearing, Edon?!” he barks.

“What are you hearing, Chief?” I ask, twirling a hairpin in my hands.

“What a this I'm hearing about you sending the black envelope”.

He sounds annoyed.

“Yes, I did” is all I say.

I see him turn to focus on Marcus who nods.

“Why on earth would you do that?!”.

“She wouldn’t come home when I asked nicely. We were running out of time and I had no choice!” I bark back.

I couldn’t help myself.

“It might seem rash but it got her to come, Chief” Marcus says.

My grandfather shakes his head at me.

“We always have a choice”.

And like that, he's gone. My father sighs and pats my shoulder before leaving. I  grab the next picture frame I see in the luggage.

Alexis.

It's a picture of her in a strapless green dress that hug her curves, making her bust look bigger than I remembered. I hold it up in my face and stare at her... her smile reaching her bright hazel eyes.

The smell of lavender and roses reach my nose and I lower the picture. She was standing there... almost eight feet away from me... a frown on her face. I put the frame away and stare at her.

“I'll get the others from the pack house, Alpha Noah” Marcus says and runs out, leaving the both of us alone.

She looked different. Same eyes, same features, but somehow she'd changed.

Was it the hair?

I clear my throat.

“You look nice” I say.

Her wounds had healed and she looked fine.

“I like your hair”.

She crosses her arms and gives me a look.