Chapter 22

Alexis' POV

I try to cry myself to sleep each night for the two weeks I spent in the hospital... but couldn't. I couldn't cry and it was like my body was allergic to a goodnight sleep. Maximum I'd been able to sleep was four hours.

Then I'd be jerked awake by images of Colton, him proposing, Derek shooting arrows at me and the murderous look in my brother's eyes. It was horrible. And to top it all, I couldn't feel Tia anymore and I wasn't healing.

I sigh and lie back, playing with Keana's necklace. The pain was horrible. My door clicks open and the doctor walks in.

“Good morning Lexi-bear. Ready to go home?”.

I look at her.

“Not really” I murmur.

She smiles and flips through whatever she was holding.

“I love your excitement” she says.

I sigh.

“Hey, Elise? Why am I still not healing?”.

She pauses and looks at me. Putting the file down, she smiles at me.

“Let's check your vitals, huh?”.

She slips her stethoscope in her ears and begins examining me.

“Don't avoid the question Elise. I'm not dumb. Something's wrong. From me not being able to connect with my wolf and me not healing... it's related, right?”.

She sighs and puts the stethoscope around her neck. She takes a seat on my bed.

“I know this is so unprofessional of me but... I honestly don't know what is going on with you Alexis. A werewolf's injuries aren't supposed to last for more than five days... maximum a week, no matter how serious it is. I don't know what's going on with your body. It looks like it's refusing to heal someway. Everything is delaying with you. And as to why you can't connect with your wolf, that's an even bigger problem I don't have the answer to”.

I worry.

“But you're a doctor, Elise. The best there is. You've gotta know why this is happening, please Doctor Elise” I say. “You have to fix me because this pain is driving me crazy! It's like am almost hum—”.

She catches my eye and quickly stands up. Doctor Elise turns around and clears her throat.

“Vitals are good. You'll be discharged soon. I'll inform your parents that they can come for you now. And you must take care of your wound. I'm going to prescribe a higher level and dosage of the pain meds...”.

She says all this with her back to me. Then she heads for the door. She opens it and stops, turning back to me.

“You're going to be fine. You'll see”.

Then she's out the door. I sigh.

“What a creep” Keana says appearing as the door closes.

I chuckle slightly.

“We, got you flowers!” she chirps, skipping towards my bed.

I arch a brow.

“I didn't know you could touch stuff” I say.

“She can't!” Madison says. "I can”.

“Show off” Keana scoffs. “I mean it's not fair! I'm the witch here. You're just the girl who was sadly murdered by the same bunch of idiots who murdered me”.

“Well I've been a ghost longer Keana. Don't argue”.

“But I'm a witch! And I miss touching stuff. Oh, I so wanna be not dead right now!” Keana groans.