Chapter 14

☆ Noah's POV

I reach over and grab her wrists gently. I tug on them, but her body posture remains limp and lifeless against him.

“Ale...”.

“No, I'm not getting out,” she says softly. “I like this. It's driving me crazy but I like this”.

I sigh, leaning forward so I can wrap my arms around her tightly. Her body temperature was ice-cold, making me worry about her health. I kiss the back of her neck gently. What starts as one kiss turns to two, then three to four before my lips begin to travel down the back of her cold neck. She snuggles closer to my body, brushing against my aching bulge.

“Are you sure? You could get sick,” I ask, rubbing her arms gently.

Her head falls back against my chest and she gives me that look. Uncontrollably, my head dips and turns hers toward mine more, capturing her lips with mine gently. My hands drop into the freezing water and I grab her hips to pull her back against my crotch.

And then, her mouth becomes more urgent as I continuously pull and push her hips against mine to have the right amount of friction. She moans and I stop. With a shaky breath, I rest my forehead on the side of her head.

“I'm sorry...”.

“No, don't be” she almost chuckles. “I got in the tub to control my urges and make sure I'm sober... so you don't feel bad when I'm on top of you”.

My heart nearly stops beating for a moment.

“What?”.

She laughs. I slide my hand up to her chin, lifting her face so I can look at her. When a small smile tugs at her lips, I inwardly groan. I lean down, brushing my lips against hers briefly before pulling back.

“Why is everything about you so damn perfect?” I whisper.

A blush creeps to her face, enhancing her beauty even more. I kiss her lips again and then pull back.

“Get up,” I tell her.

She makes a face and shakes her head.

“Get. Up,” I say firmly.

She shakes her head as a small sob escapes her mouth.

What?

I sigh, pushing her up gently so I can stand. I stand up and attempt to grab her body, but she holds onto the tub, shaking her head as she sobs louder.

“No. Just leave me in here”.

“We both know that's not an option”.

When I get her up, her body slouches into the water again.

“Alexis, you're going to get sick. Cut it out”.

I step out of the tub and freeze, feeling the cool air brush against my cold, wet body. Ignoring it, I lean down and pick her up bridal style. She smiles through her sobs and I shake my head. I put her on her feet, in front of the walk-in shower, and turn the handle for the hot water in the shower. I adjust the temperature with the cold water so that it would be perfect.

“Noie?” she sniffs.

“I know, my love” I smile at her and move behind her.

I bring my hand to the top of her dress and unzipped the dress slowly as she stands in front of the shower. When my hand grazes her skin, a sharp, inhale of breath escapes her mouth.

I've forgotten how bad it is... and I let her deal with it alone for seven years?

I take a silent deep breath and then slide the dress down her body. My eyes take a glimpse at the red-colored bra before my eyes focus on the back of her head again. I nudge her body toward the shower.