Chapter 13

☆ Alexis' POV

I hear the car door click locked and I sigh.

“Noah?” I call out.

He lets go of the seat belt and looks at me.

“I can't go home. Let's go to your place”.

He chuckles.

“So you can seduce me and then blame me for respectfully marking my territory?”.

I roll my head to the side and open my eyes to look at him. He groans.

“I hate it when you look at me like that” he sighs and starts the car.

My head thumps the entire drive to the hotel. The next time I open my eyes, Noah is holding the door open for me to get out. I shake my head.

“You'll have to carry me” I sigh, a little dramatically.

“What?”.

“The floor is lava” I groan.

He chuckles.

“I'm beginning to think you're not drunk at all”.

I shake my head and unbuckle my seat belt.

“Oh, I am. But not drunk enough to not have seen how jealous you got back there” I laugh.

He stops smiling.

“It's funny?”.

I laugh harder.

“No. But you're so cute when you act all jealous”.

“I wasn't acting”.

I chuckle.

“Well, you looked so cute I could throw up”.

“I don't do cute, Lexi,” he says with a light chuckle. “I'm a primordial”.

My hand flies over my mouth as another goes to my stomach.

“Yes you do, Noah. And I will literally throw up right now if you don't get me out of this car!” I cry.

His smile disappears and in a flash, I'm out of the car and throwing up into a shrub nearby. Noah holds my hair out of my face, simultaneously rubbing my back and telling me it was going to be okay.

I groan as I stand back up and he wipes the beads of sweat off my forehead.

“Are you okay?” he asks.

I look up at him and laugh.

“You just threw up and you're laughing?”.

I rest my forehead against his chest before speaking up.

“Because you're not panicking this time,” I say. “Remember how you nearly cried the first time I threw up like this?”.

He chuckles.

“It was five in the morning. I had a late shift and I was exhausted. Then you just shoot up from bed and ran into the bathroom to throw up? What was I supposed to do?”.

“Be the support system I needed” I laugh. “You just panicked and wanted to call nine-one-one” I tease.

“That was seven years ago. And I'm doing a better job at being your support system right now, aren't I?”.

I playfully shrug and lift my head.

“Maybe” I tease and strut off.

I'm about to turn and ask why he isn't coming after me when I'm lifted off the ground into his arms.