Bonus Chapter

Noah's POV

I slip my card into the keyhole and enter. Not bothering to shut the door, I take off my jacket and make my way straight to the bathroom. I pull open the medicine cabinet after washing my hands thoroughly.

It'd been almost two days and my face hadn't healed. I look through the medicines and shut the cabinet in dismay. I had to get rid of these bruises. In frustration I turn on the tap, for no particular reason and just watch it ran.

“You know you're not helping save the fishes right?”.

I look up and I see Malia's reflection in the mirror.

“I didn't think you'd be coming back so soon”.

“It's my house Lia, I can come and go as I please”.

She leans against the doorway.

“Well at least turn off the water. It's not going to make your bruises heal quicker. And the sound of the rushing water makes me wanna pee”.

I look over my shoulder at her. I take a while before closing the tap. She moves up to me and examines my face. I pull away.

“C'mon I'm just trying to help”.

“No thank you Malia. You've done enough”.

She sighs.

“You're still mad at me? I told you I'm sorry and besides she's fine. Why are you still upset with me?”.

“Because it's you Lia! And out of all people, I didn't not expect you to be in on Pablo's despicable plans”.

“I'm sorry okay? I messed up! Bad. But I'm sorry. It won't happen again”.

I look at her and shake my head.

“You're damn right it won't”.

I shoulder her out of the way and move to the living room. She comes after me.

“You should try shifting!”.

“What?”.

“Your bruises... they'll heal quicker if you shift”.

I turn.

“And you know this how?”.

“I'm a witch Noah. I have spell books, I have my magic... but I also have common sense... plenty of it”.

I scoff.

“Good for you then”.

I grab my jacket.

“You're an original primordial werewolf. From a rare clan Noah. Your bruises are supposed to be the fastest to heal. Yours aren't, and you're not really bothered by it because Alexandra is all you think about”.

My jaw tightens.

“Look, I'm not saying she's not right for you. As much as a part of me would like to believe that, she's your soul mate. She exists for you and you exist for her. You're meant to complete each other Noah, but you have to get your acts together and stop behaving like a child!”.

I feel the anger intensify a bit before it goes down.

“Noah look, I just want the best for you and that's why I'm going to keep looking out for you. And I'm not going to let your impulsive decisions land you in trouble or mess up your chances with her”.

Why the sudden change of heart?

She moves closer to me.

“You have to mate with her, you know it's the nature of your kind”.