Chapter 17

☆ Yara's POV

I slip out of my clothes and pull on one of my soft white T-shirts. Sighing, I walk into the connecting bathroom and just as I'm about to turn on the shower, the sound of something being slammed shut alerts me. I straighten with a frown when the front door closes with a thud.

“Malia, is that you?” I ask.

There's no response. I strain my ears to listen for any sound but there's none. I take a step back into my room when he suddenly appears before me. I scream, resting my hand on my chest. I feel my heart race. He smiles down at me, his blue eyes gleaming at the sight of me.

“What are you doing here? And how'd you get in?” I ask, peeping at the door.

“I came through your window. And don't worry, I locked the door” he smiles.

I let out a sigh as he smiles wider.

“You look beautiful in that... but I bet you'd look better out of it” he whispers, reaching out to stroke my cheek.

I swallow hard, a certain warmth shooting through me at the smoldering look. I step away and turn, walking to check if the door was really locked. I see him staring at me from the corner of my eye

“You didn't answer my calls or any of the texts I left”.

“Because I was doing my job,” I say. “And right now, I'm going to take to take a shower and go to bed”.

“You're not staying with me tonight” he states but it comes out more like a question.

I look up to find him gazing at me with his thick brows furrowed and arms crossed intimidatingly.

“I intend to sleep in my bed like I should have always done. And take care of the child I'm being paid to care for”.

A fire blazes in his eyes, wild and untameable and I know what's coming next.

“You're not staying here, Yara. You're spending the night with me like you should”.

“No” I let out.

“Yes,” he demands.

“No!”.

“Yes”.

“I'm not agreeing to this one. I step away for one day and that little boy goes missing. I am not ready to be held responsible again!”.

He growls darkly, making me uneasy at the sound. A weak whimper escapes my lips when he slams his hands angrily on the wall behind me and leans closer to my face.

“If I have to tie you up and bring you with me, I will do just that but you are never leaving me. It would be in your best interests to listen to me instead of being stubborn”.

I glare at him before pushing him away, huffing in anger. He stumbles slightly, out of surprise, and I make a run for the bathroom door in an attempt to escape. Although I know just how useless an attempt like that is, it doesn't hurt to try.

His arm shoots out and wraps around my waist, slamming me back into a rock-hard chest. With heavy breaths, he kisses my exposed shoulder and I can feel the planes and ridges of his abs as he presses me against him, tighter. I almost moan in delight at the sensation of tingles exploding on my skin at the contact.

It makes it much harder to control myself when my brain instantly turns into its usual mush around him. Struggling, I push him away once again and back up a few steps. His eyes are now dark to the point where I can't decipher if there is any blue left. His body trembles slightly and his fists are clenched to the point where his knuckles are white, contrasting with his perfectly tanned skin. I gulp harshly and move back until I realize in horror that he has me backed up into the shower.