Chapter 7

Alexis' POV

~1 week later ~

"Alexis" someone whispers, shaking me gently.

I groan and force my eyes open. Mia was staring at me with a smile.

"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be with Erin or something?" I ask frowning as my eyes adjusted to the light.

"Eric" she corrects. "And no, I didn't want to miss my last day with you before you leave to become an actual princess" she says with a smile. "Lucky you"

Damn it! It's really happening?!

I force myself to smile. I get in the shower and take a long bubble bath. I walk out an hour and a half later and Mia's gone. However, she'd picked some clothes for me. I look at them and chuckle.

"There's no way I'm wearing any of these" I say.

“But you need to fit in with the royal people”.

It was my last day with my family and I wasn't going to ruin the entire day because I'm overdressed for everything!

I rummage through my favorites and find Max's old New York sweater. I slip it on and look for my gray sweatpants to match. I slip my phone in my pocket. My hair was still wet so I decide to let it dry on its own. I look around and find mom's unicorn slippers, which I put on.

"Good morning!" I greet as I walk in the kitchen, diving straight for the fridge

"Good morning!" I greet as I walk in the kitchen, diving straight for the fridge. "Hey, where'd the apple juice go? And why has everything been replaced by these healthy foods?" I ask with a frown.

"You really did take after your mother huh?" aunt Isabel says, grabbing the tray of piping hot cookies.

I stretch my arm to grab one when she slaps it away.

"Ow!" I cry.

"You seriously did take after her" she says. "And these are for the guests" she adds and leaves.

Guest? What guests?

"Hey aunt Kris...?".

"Oh thank you so much sweetie. Now if you just grab those and hand it out. Thank you" she says pointing to the colorful doughnuts.

My stomach lets out a loud growl. I feel a smirk coming on.

"But I don't trust you with them" uncle Nathan appears taking the tray.

I pout. He squeezes my cheek and passes by. My stomach let's out another growl.

"I can't take this anymore" I say and pull out my phone.

I call Pizza Palace and order some pizza before walking out.

"Hey" people greet as I pass by.

I hardly respond because I'm busily googling how to control hunger.