Chapter 3

☆ Alexis' POV

I keep staring at the letter in my hand, not reading, just staring. My hands shake so badly as I continue to stare.

“Alexis, calm down” Yara says to me as she rubs my back. “Here, drink this”.

I shake my head as she holds a glass of water in my face. I never made it to the restaurant. They came home after calling my phone several times, to meet me sitting in my car in the driveway, just staring at the letter in my hand. Milton was asleep so Yara went ahead to put him to bed.

Malia was quiet. Since I met her, she's never been quiet.

“Seven years... since we left” I croak out.

Yara steadies my trembling hands and Malia finally meets my eyes.

“Are you sure it's from him?” she asks.

“Of course, I'm sure, Mal!” I cry out. “Look at the seal!”.

His seal.

Her eyes fall on the seal and I hear her suck in quite a sharp breath.

“What does he want?” she asks, a deadly expression on her face.

I take in a deep breath and begin to read.

“Alexandra Jordan Graham, you're officially being recalled back to the Crescent Wolf Pack. You have a week to respond to this letter so we can arrange for your return” I read.

This isn't happening.

“Would you like me to go get you a writing pad from your office?” Yara asks.

“Why the hell would you do that?” I ask her.

“Because you have to reply. It's an Alpha's letter. Do you have any idea what can happen if you don't reply? You'd be putting yourself and ev...”.

“Yara, go check on Mill” Malia cuts in.

She looks up at her.

“But I...”.

“Go” Malia says firmly.

Yara looks at me and I give her a little nod. She lets out a breath.

“Goodnight then” she says flatly and walks upstairs.

As soon as we hear the door close, Malia rushes to the windows to draw all the curtains.

“How did they know where to find you?” she whispers.

I shake my head.

“Alexis, this is bad”.

“You think I don't know that, Mal?” I whisper back.

She looks around nervously.

“They know”.

My heart skips a beat.

“Mal...”.

“Seven years... since they all watched their Alpha banish you and your son from their land. And now he sends a letter awaiting your return? Alexandra, they know”.

“If they found out the truth why would he send a letter? Wouldn't trackers and bounty hunters be knocking down my door?”.

Malia lets out an angry yet nervous laugh.

“Oh they'll come” she says seriously.

“But they won't find us, Mal” I tell her, piecing a plan together.

“What are you planning?”.

I get up from the chair and wave the letter in my hand.

“I've worked too hard to get back on my feet. I've moved on... away from that life. There is no way he's going to loop me back. I'd rather die”.