Chapter 28

Alexis' POV

I pull my feet in and out of my bedroom slippers. I was frustrated and very uncomfortable. And the 'No White' Christmas this year wasn't helping at all.

I tap my pencil against my cheek and rest my chin on my hand. Thinking was much more difficult to do as a human. How did Albert Einstein cope?

“Unless he was some kind of...”.

“Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la”.

I groan and glance at the people. How can you think when your crazy ass family has hired people to sing christmas carols all day to inspire others (me) to get in the christmas spirit?!

An idea pops into my head making me inhale sharply. I grin and start to sketch it down.

'Tis the season to be jolly”.

My pencil snaps into two, and like magic, the idea rushes out of my brain. I groan in frustration, wanting to cry.

“Fa-la-la-la...” .

I slam the pencil on the table loudly in annoyance.

“I'm trying to work here!” I yell at the people. “So if you don't fa-la-la-la leave, I'm going to give y'all several different piercings in unimaginable places!”.

They stop singing and scurry off. I groan and rub the back of my neck.

“Love your christmas spirit Lexi bear” Terry chuckles.

“I'm not in the mood Terr”.

“Oh I see that”.

He hops on a table nearby, swiftly. I remember when I could do that. Now I can't even run without tripping over... and my shoes don't have any lace!

“What are you doing?”.

I close the book.

“Nothing” I lie.

“You sure? I could help you know?”.

I look up at him.

“If you want to help, get me an axe so I can chop of those ridiculous Christmas trees and lights”.

He chortles.

“Ruining Christmas? That'll guarantee you ending up on Santa's naughty list”.

I eye him.

“Santa's overrated anyway” I whisper. “And what are you even doing here? Aren't you supposed to be kissing my brother's beta's ass?”.

“I don't kiss Peter's ass, you know? Assistants don't do that. I came to get some files from your father”.

“Good for you, assistant” I let out.

He takes a big slurp of his eggnog and arches a brow at me.

“You sure you don't want a sip of this? I could add a little nutmeg. Boosts the taste”.

I gather my books.

“Despedida (Bye) Terr” I answer and circle the pillar before barging up the stairs.

“Hey, come back!”.

“No! I need to not be in pyjamas as at 2:14 pm!”.

I make it to my room and shut the door behind me. Dropping off my books in the couch, I slip behind my laptop and turn it on.