Chapter 1

☆ Alexis' POV

I grab my backpack and follow Mom out of the plane.

We were finally going home!

It'd been three whole years since I last saw my Dad and brother. Sure we FaceTime almost every day but it hadn't been the same without them; especially for the past couple of months.

Those two had been unreachable and it was driving mom crazy.

A smile creeps up my face when I feel the cold sunset air. The air tastes the same and smells just the same. The wind that makes my hair feel sticky, the salty sea breeze, all of it feels just right.

Like it had been waiting for me to get there.

“Don't you just love the LA breeze?” Mom asks smiling.

I smile back at her.

“Now where's that car?”

I look around. There was no car around.

Maybe it's an invisible car... like the one we saw in that movie on the plane” Tia; my inner wolf chuckles.

“Get real” I roll my eyes with a smile.

“Mrs. Graham?” someone calls.

“Finally!” Mom sighs and turns. “What took you so long? Is this the reception I paid for?”

“I apologize, ma'am. But we have some bad news...”

Already?

“Apparently, all roads leading to Colorado have been closed.”

“And why the hell is that?” she asks.

“Well, some tourists said they saw two very large dog wolfy looking... creatures.”

Werewolves.

Mom and I exchange looks.

“And so they have the police combing the entire area. I know. It's ridiculous” she ends with a laugh.

“You're ridiculous,” Tia says.

“They claim they saw werewolves” she snorts out a laugh. “And we all know those things are just fairytales like witches and vampires... and the tooth fairy.”

“Very ridiculous” Tia says again.

“Oh I almost forgot...” she gasps, reaching into her purse to hand Mom a bunch of keys. “They left this for you.”

A smile creeps up Mom's face.

“Perfect.”

~ ~ ~

I stare at the house and squeeze my eyebrows together.

“Where exactly are we... mom?” I ask, looking around.

“Our old house.”

“Wait, we lived here?” I ask confused. “In LA?”

“Yeah. For only a very short while. You weren't born... yet” she says, laughing.

She goes up the front stairs and I follow.

How am I finding out about this now?

Mom slips the key into the lock and turns it until the door opens. We step in and the lights come on immediately.

“What the—”

“Nobody moves,” a deep voice says making us pause. “I call the cops.”

Huh?