Phantom Blood 9

A letter from the past part2

It started snowing as you guys arrived at the estate in the Joestar carriage. You all were chatting happily and civilized, you were really proud of them. They turned out so well. You had doubts towards Dio at first and that ominous feeling did not vanish over the years, still you decided to give him a chance and until now he had not disappointed your trust further after the incident with Erina.

 You gave him a good beating sending him to the hospital, because you refused to heal him afterwards that was when he suddenly changed his attitude towards you. 

Of course he was still flirty and had a huge ego but what could you expect. Dio would be always Dio, nobody could change that about him, and however it seems to work with the maids and the girls in university.

Jonathan had not changed much about the years; of course he had matured as is now proud 195cm tall. Still he remained gentle and understanding at heart, he grew into a true gentleman.

You were the last to get up and exit the carriage after Jonathan; yes you still called him that, even when you were the only one to do so.

 "Jonathan, catch me!" You shouted as you jumped at his back, not expecting the surprise attack, Jonathan stumbled but caught his balance fairly quickly, holding your thighs as you wrapped your arms around his neck, strangling him.

"Y/N!! I... cannot....breath!!" He struggled.

"Ups!" You loosened your grip allowing him to breath more freely, Dio already was standing at the door, waiting patiently for you guys, clenching his fists behind his back, cursing Jonathan.

"Y/N!" Jonathan whined. "Please tell me next time. You are heavy!"

"WHAT?!" You yelled, face flushed red. Did you say that he was a gentleman?! -You took it back. So you bonked his head hard and continued hitting him. As he tried to pry you off apologizing while grinning at his accomplishment, still the bump on his head convinced him not to do it again.

Still clinging on him you shouted profanities, as he walked to the mansion up to the waiting Dio Brando.

After entering the estate Dio finally convinced you to let go of the poor Jonathan, you just huffed and crossed your arms pouting. Dio only chuckled at your adorableness. The three of you walked right up the staircase to get to George's chamber to visit him.

A comforting fire burned in the fireplace peacefully, you stretched out your numb hand to warm them as Dio and Jonathan directly moved next to the bed.

Suddenly George coughed catching the attention of you, making you turn your head worried.

"Father how have you been?" Dio asked.

"Better."George responded. "Except for this cough. The doctors have suggested hospitalization."

"Why?"Dio asked confused. "You must not concern yourself with that Father. Hospitals do not care about anyone. They only are about profits."