Stardust Crusaders 38

What happened previously:

"All right, D'Arby, let me beat you. get your cards, I feel like I would enjoy a game of poker now." You smiled, sitting down elegantly.

"Y/N!" Jotaro screamed.

"Very interesting! Poker is my absolute-"

"-favourite?" You finished his sentence, making him tense up. "I know, you are pretty easy to read, now that I have figured you out."

"Poker?! Lady Y/N! This is a man who just outsmarted Mister Joestar!" Avdol protested. "It is too dangerous!"

"Please, Avdol, do not underestimate me, no one has ever beat me in a gamble." You smiled turning to the enemy Stand user. "Your next line will be-"

D'Arby the Gambler Part 2

"Before we get started, there is something I want to check. Please would you shuffle those cards?" You asked calmly smiling, your eyes closed. "Jotaro, please demonstrate...." You trailed off as Jotaro composed himself only his eyes widening in surprise as you smirked. "I trusts you, impress me, Jotaro."

"Gulping, D'Arby began shuffling the deck expertly as Jotaro's eyes – full of determination- were focused on the cards while you had your hands folded on the table casually.

"They are shuffled. What now, milady?" D'Arby inquired curiously.

"Draw a card from the deck. It does not matter where. Just make sure no one else sees it." You instructed, cocking your head to the side.

"Okay." D'Arby agreed as you spoke up again.

"Jotaro, your next line will be: I will tell you which one it is, the six of Hearts." You yawned, eyes flashing golden as D'Arby's eyes widened seeing you were right.

"I will tell you which one it is, the six of Hearts." Jotaro started, flinching as you predicted his words, D'Arby gulping nervously.

"You really have a keen eye, Jotaro, won't you tell me the cards in order from the top too?" You hummed, taking off your leather gloved.

"Alright, Y/N, I will start naming the cards in order from the top as you ordered me to." Taking a deep breath he stared you dead in the eyes, listing them off without a hint of hesitation in his eyes. "Five of spades, queen of diamonds, jack of spades, ace of hearts, seven of diamonds, six of clubs, king of clubs, two of diamonds... Is this enough for your satisfaction Y/N? Or is this punishment?" Jotaro gritted out, hint of desperation in his strained voice, searching for the answer in your golden eyes as he seemed to drown in the golden swirl of the absolute lack of emotion as you kept the perfect poker face.

"I think that is enough, I trust you after all. I know you have my back, how could I ever punish you? Tell me Jotaro, do you really think that you mean nothing to me? You are an incredible young man, with breathtaking powers, so I give you a piece of advice. Do not let your guard down in face of danger, because of distractions and surprises one may lose a battle, deciding between life and death, gambling is the same, even if the thresat is not visible, it does not mean it is not there. There are many different kinds of threats, verbal threats, dealing psychological damage....like blackmailing for example. All of them are harmful. The point I am trying to get across is simple. Jotaro, we still have a lot to learn about ourselves, you and me both, as well as everybody else. I am not punishing you; I let you explore your own abilities for your own good. So now let's end this bet swiftly and move on. Our lives are at risk, all of us want to return home." You chuckled.