Phantom Blood 23

The Successor; Part 2

In the dark castle towering over Windknight's Lot a mother was begging for the life of her newborn.

"Please spare my child" She asked with tears streaming down her face as she hugged the baby in her arms as Dio crushed an iron cross with his bare hands.

"So madam what you mean to say is. You will offer me your life as long as I stay away from your child..." He was playing with a red rose in his hand twirling it around, it reminded him strangely of you, beautiful but with thorns able to hurt them who approached them. "Is that correct?"

"Please anything but my child." He cried.

"You move me to tears. Alright neither I nor any of my cohorts will lay a finger on your precious child." Dio agreed standing up from the comfortable arm chair next to the fire. "On my name, Dio I swear! While they were human all my servants succumbed to their fears and willingly gave their souls to me. But I must say you will be happier if you and your child joined us. You will be free from worry. No sadness, no hatred toward each other!" He offered walking up to them.

The woman looked at the ceiling seeing the zombie hanging upside down, red eyes piercing her soul, she led out a squeak.

"Please, just spare my child!" The woman shook her head; she did not want her child to become a monster. "Just this child..."

"Ok." Dio gave his permission turning her into a zombie. The baby was crying.

"My sweet baby!" She looked down at her screaming child with hunger evident in her transformed face, nothing was left from the caring mother she was, and she devoured her own child completely.

"Yes, I said we would not lay a finger on him. You, his devoted other devoured him yourself." Dio chuckled looking at his rose. "A tragedy of your own choosing. I hope you Y/N will make the right choice when time comes. I know you won't be foolish, you will choose me, Dio! Instead of those pathetic worms who call themselves human. They are useless, use less, useless, useless! You are a goddess, you deserve more, and you shall be mine, the only human worthy to stay by my side forever!!"

----------------------------------------------

In the middle of the night the full moon illuminated your way. Speedwagon and you chatted silently about your plans for your future; he finally agreed to take up your offer to found the Speedwagon Foundation. You still carried Zeppeli in your arms, but Speedwagaon took him out of your hands, claiming it would be too heavy over a long period of time. You only laughed at him trying to lift him up. He was struggling a lot. It seems Zeppeli had to give up his Hamon abilities in exchange for survival. Your Hamon did not seem to be compatible or suited for him to use as a weapon. It kept him alive but nothing more. So Jonathan was truly his successor.

Something is different about Mr Joestar, Speedwagon observed. His expression is pensive and I am the same, only Y/N seems to be not greatly affected, but even she broke down earlier. I am sure she is just trying to act tough to not worry us more. He tipped Zeppeli's top hat. We must endure our anger. We cannot think about Zeppeli's condition until Dio has fallen!