Phantom Blood 12

A letter from the past,  part4

 A medic was looking at his pocket watch, seeing time passing by uneventfully: "Jojo has been gone for three days, so does Lady Y/N."

"He is a man of his word. He will return. However I am not so sure about Y/N, she never mentioned why she went to London, I just assumed she followed Jonathan to protect him, still she said something about unfinished business and this concerns me greatly. Normally she is fairly easy going and all, but the look in her eyes, something is going to happen..."

"Do not worry yourself with her business; you could never look into her brain. She has lived a long life and met people; she will know what to do, hopefully. Well, Jojo has really grown into a fine man too." The medic said, closing his eyes while putting his watch back.

"That is why I was so hard on the boy, but thanks to Y/N, she supported and firmly believed in him and his abilities. I can clearly recall the day she managed to teach Jojo how to dance! Usually he would just trip over his own feet but thanks to her, he dances even better than me." George remembered, leaning his head back on the soft whit pillow, resting.

"Well this would not be too difficult then!" The other chuckled amused......

Meanwhile

Dio was around town, a bottle of alcohol in his left hand. He swayed from one side to another, not able to walk properly, chucking down the burning liquid.

I am sure Jojo is just another rotting alley rat by now. He swiped his mouth. But did he find evidence? I cannot stop drinking, just like that wretched father of mine. Y/N! Where are you when I need you?! He brought the bottle back to his lips. Damn it!! He weaved from side to side as he bumped into the shoulder of an old man. Judging from his clothes he and his companion are from the lower middle class, both were obviously drunk too.

"Watch it were you are going numbskull! Hey matey, check my coat! I think that brat left dirt on it!" The fat ugly one exclaimed as the other burst out laughing. "Are you deaf you snot-nosed hooligan?!"

Dio turned around furiously, gritting his teeth in anger and hit him in the face with the bottle. It shattered into tiny pieces and left the mouth of the fat, bald man a bloody mess.

"You are a goner, bloke!" The other exclaimed taking out his knife. Dio only smirked evilly, his mind now clear, ready to move.

"You disgusting roaches have a lot of nerve yammering to me like that." He licked his lips. "What an excellent opportunity!" He took out the stone mask from underneath his dark purple coat you gave him as a present for graduation. "I'll try this on you before I use it on Jojo. I am sure you will make a fine guinea pig."

"What are you blabbering about?!" The other ignored him as he sprinted towards him. But Dio simply stepped to his right and pushed the mask on the other's face as he grabbed the lanky one's right arm running towards the injured fatty, making him run backwards due to his strength. With the knife other held a minute before he sliced the bald partner's throat. Blood came gushing out tainting the mask red as the cut one fell to the ground dead.