Phantom Blood 17

Overdrive, part2:

One week later

At a waterfall Jonathan reflected on the last week: I studied the art of Hamon under the tutelage of the mysterious Zeppeli as well as Y/N and renewed my resolve to defeat Dio. That is why...

He sparred with you, balanced on rocks and held his breath underwater to increase the volume of his lungs, all for a single purpose.

"Jojo let me tell you why I am hunting the mask. Y/N already knows this so..." Spoke up Zeppeli in their break.

"It started when I was a young Will A. Zeppeli. I had an insatiable appetite for the unknown. I traveled the world as part of my father's archaeological team. One day when we were excavating an Aztec site..."

"You mean...." Jonathan interrupted.

"Yes it was my misfortune to unearth that cursed mask. On the voyage home a member of our team donned down the mask and chaos ensued. In a bloodthirsty rampage he dismembered my colleagues on the spot. He murdered the entire crew in a matter of seconds. I dove into the sea to escape but he followed me! Suddenly dawn broke! In the light of the morning sun I saw his face. It was the expedition leader.... My father. The ship drifted away with the mask still on board. I was overcome with fear. I was horrified the power of that mask might one day be unleashed again. I knew I had to find a way to stop it. It is what led me to the way of Hamon." He stood up on the bridge; Jonathan followed him with his eyes curiously.

"Hamon energy comes from the flow of one's own blood. Conversely the mask drains energy from the blood of others." He flipped two stones in the river. "The mask and Hamon are two sides of the same coin....identical energy! It all makes sense!"

"To stop one ripple one must use another!" Jonathan noticed.

"Precisely. It will disintegrate when another powerful Hamon energy collides against it. And the energy was created by Hamon..." He sent Hamon in his outstretched right hand continuing his speech. "...are the same as those created by the sun."

Jonathan stood up slowly taking in the information curiously. "Baron Zeppeli you must teach me how to use Hamon. I will endure that which must be endured!"

"I will teach you like it or not." Baron Zeppeli confirmed smiling at the young Joestar. "You will be Dio's first target in his conquest to the world Jojo. You and Y/N are in great danger. You too know he desires her most perhaps you and I do too." He laughed ruffling Jonathan's hair.

Unknown to them you stood there listening to their whole conversation. You just returned from visiting Erina and her family. How mean to talk about you behind your back!! You pouted childishly. You decided it would be time to make your presence known by making a grand entrance.

"What are you boys doing? I thought you would be training but I am only gone for one hour and I even brought you guys lunch. I really am disappointed!" You faked your anger as Will's and Jonathan's face went pale.

"I am sorry Y/N, please have mercy!" Jonathan begged, your training was Spartan however it was always successful. You only rolled your eyes as Zeppeli tried to reach for the basket newt to you, which was filled with delicious sandwiches and a mouth watering cake. Erina did all the work wanting to support you and Jonathan the best she could.