Prologue

A/n ; This book's currently being edited :) !!

« gloomy »

HER LIPS CURVE, PEOPLE DIE

Smiling. The easiest a person could do to describe their happiness. But was it really that easy for some others?

People tend to show their emotions through actions such as crying, smiling, laughing and so on.

But little did they know, they're beyond lucky in comparison with the ones who have lost their chances to smile. Was it even possible for a human being to be forbidden to smile by fate?

A nineteen-year-old girl in the name of Hwang Mijin knew the stigma and its cruelty better than anyone else because she herself wasn't able to smile ever since she turned sixteen.

Her lips couldn't even curve without guilt.

The guilt that she might break something, or someone with her devilish smile which was cursed to kill people. How did that even work you may ask?

We'll never be able to find out the true answers about paranormal disabilities unless we experience them ourselves. Money can indeed foul-up people's toxicity as some even paid for curses meanwhile some encouraged the evildoers.

To her surprise, the accursed girl approximately had no clue how this started without her will at the age of sixteen. When she's supposed to be a cheery youngling enjoying her life, the abnormal teen's life differed a lot from others.

She used to be given the chance to genuinely produce soft giggles through her plump and coral lips whenever smiling—or so she thought. Until her moment of sixteen came as gloominess took over her life.

Her world turned depressing and disastrous ever since then.

Her friends looked down upon her poker face which was cold and emotionless as if she's dead all the time. Little did they know, their generous friend Mijin was just preventing herself to accidentally kill them through her smile. But nobody except someone eventually lasted by her side.

Not all chances have been lost as Mijin's still able to smile whilst shielding a mask to cover her lips from being shown to others.

Nothing could ever replace Mijin's misery towards her smiling.

She missed the times when she'd freely bend her peachy lips into a crescent shape with an eye smile as well.

But as they say, nothing lasts forever.

The bright, energetic and playful Hwang Mijin was gone as she'd turned into the exact opposite. Gloomy and notorious would be the perfect words to title the current Na Mijin; the name which she was hiding under in her reloading life.