Chapter 007

« used to »

Mijin found herself staring at the empty sky which wandered with mellowness inside this gloomy atmosphere

Mijin found herself staring at the empty sky which wandered with mellowness inside this gloomy atmosphere. There were no stars, which meant that her smile would be cursed for the whole night and it's no use even if she stares up above and smile.

Exhaling her heavily steamy breath, the girl visualized the ripped photo inside the frame. ❝ I really miss you, mom. ❞ The motherly figure was too far for Mijin to reach since she was no longer located close to her, in another life probably.

Rather than mourning with sobs, Mijin insisted to stay strong with the sustainable strength she's trying to proceed with while mindlessly staring at the photo frame.

❝ Mijin-ie, can I come in? ❞ The greathearted boy sweetly questioned before the doorknob was twisted from the other side.

❝ Jaemin oppa, what did you wanna tell me about? ❞ The young male's ethereal eyes saddened after noticing the girl's doe eyes being depressed as always.

Placing the tray of colourful fruits on her study desk, Jaemin took a seat right next to his little sister on the soft mattress.

The attractive boy didn't utter a word as they just buried themselves into silence since Jaemin understood that Mijin needed a moment to settle her feelings down.

❝ Tiring, isn't it? ❞ His pearly and chapped lips pursed into a thin line white gently brushing the little one's tender fingers with his thumb repeatedly. Mijin sighed heavily, giving it as the final answer to Jaemin since her hurt emotions never changed.

She's used to it though.

She's used to not having the ability to smile.

She's used to not enjoying sincere happiness although everybody supported her.

Sometimes, Mijin prayed that either herself or the miserable curse would disappear.

But unfortunately, neither of her wishes were fulfilled accordingly to her deeds.

She must have done some hugely insane sins in the past to earn a penalty like this, Mijin always thought that to herself.

Why was a dangerous creature like her born in the first place if she's gonna get accursed like this to harm other people? Mijin despised herself and fate the most for writing a life story without her own will sometimes.

It was ridiculous since she's not some sort of sleeping beauty to be randomly cursed by a wicked witch like Maleficent or herself being born with a curse like Elsa from the Disney movie Frozen.

The elder comfortingly embraced the tiny girl in his huge chest which was a good enough place for her to cry on. That's why Mijin could count on her non-biological brother since he's evenly there for her all the time as a comfort zone.