Chapter 071

(A/n; Not to be rude but I hate parents who possessively control their children's life so much LOL)

«I'll never love you »

❝ Our parents are getting us engaged this Saturday

❝ Our parents are getting us engaged this Saturday. ❞

What?

The man who she loves is going to get engaged with another woman and not her?

And not anyone else but her own stepsister?

Jongseong felt his heart saddening at the sight of Mijin's relieved smile slowly fading away as she's insecure to give her soulmate into another's hands.

❝ Bae don't be sad, it's not like I'll really get engaged with her. ❞ Being an understanding one he was, leaned in closer with his sparkly eyes scanning the tiny terror inside Mijin's tiny eyes. He loves her and only her. And no one can change that. But Mijin didn't know whether to believe in her faith for him not.

He used to be a heartbreaker.

But the boy's changed, right? Mijin was ashamed of how she's overthinking about her boyfriend's upgraded personality when she wishes that nothing would hold a grudge against their love life.

❝ But how? Your parents literally set everything for it. ❞ She's also scared to break it to the parents who're gonna experience utter shock once she opens up. And most of all, her sixth sense was telling that they wouldn't want an abandoned child as their future daughter-in-law.

❝ But you're the real one who's gonna have to marry me since you're older than Mijoo. ❞ Displaying a sheepish smirk on the crimson lips, the witty boy said aloud, just to put some taint of cute little pink onto her cheekies. She wished she's the right one to become his fiancée.

❝ Yeah but I'm already lat-❞ , Mijin protests with the general truth that she missed the free spot of having to marry Jongseong on business terms and she's currently no one for her biological family.

But the boy immediately cuts her off by pressing his index fingers gently on the coral lips she had. ❝ Shh, you're the only woman I'm gonna love and marry. ❞ , he promises since Mijin's indeed the only one who had an allowance to his heart and mind.

Cheeks blushing visibly, Mijin retreated with silence as she looked down. She didn't wanna give Jay to her stepsister's hands just like how her stepmother did with her father.

And she'd been concealing her feelings and desperation all along. Jay's the only person who she has and wouldn't know what to do without him.

❝ Trust me if you believe in my love for you. ❞ The serious boy said as he slid an arm around Mijin's shoulders as the confused youngster got mesmerised inside his sincerely beautiful doe eyes.