Chapter 021

« shorty »

❝ Did you miss me? ❞ The younger unamusedly faced Jongseong back with a blunt expression, she's pretty much unfazed on the outside

But her soul got ghosted on the inside when he appeared out of the blue. ❝ You obviously know that I did not. ❞ Not caring the so-called stranger who disturbingly sat right next to her, the youngster minded her own business with calm eyes.

Jay just relaxedly watched the younger struggle to get the boxes from the top shelf due to her short height.

❝ Then, that's a relief cause I'll be absent for the upcoming days. ❞ Not even bothering to question, Mijin minded her own business as she tippy-toed her small legs.

It wasn't like Jay expected a response from her in the first place anyways. It was slightly amusing for the young male as it's like entertainment for the shorty to stagger from side to side.

And it was teasing the nerve out of Mijin as she felt irritated to feel his heavy eyes sticking upon her movements.

❝ Need a helping hand or are you gonna deny it again? ❞ Jay yawned before piercing his eagle eyes deeply into Mijin as she froze after seeing a few sparks inside the witty boy's calm lens.

Mijin gulped down the shivers to her spine while breaking the small eye contact. She didn't wanna repay another debt to Jay Park when she hasn't cut off ties with the recent debt with him paying the hospital bills.

Scoffing away, Mijin just crossed her arms before making Jay chuckle since the little miss grumpy had no other choice but to follow after his words.

❝ There you go. ❞ Jay's muscular arms carried the heavy box of ramen and placed it onto the ground with a sly grin.

Should Mijin thank him? Then again, he could get the wrong idea so abruptly. ❝ Hope you won't miss me that much, shorty. ❞ Jay annoyingly teased the young girl as she pursed her lips into a thin line out of frustration.

Hopefully, their coincidences will stop soon enough.

❝ Who was it? Your boyfriend? ❞ Jeno appeared like a ghost in a switch after Jongseong exited their convenience store.

Mijin disappointedly facepalmed since the scientist got it all wrong. ❝ It's nobody. ❞

Nobody to her at least.

-

Day 2 at university with no Park Jongseong was pretty much peaceful and pleasant without him lurking around Mijin as she could finally sit in peace.

But she'd never thought that her prosaically life would be this much as boring as Jay's bothersome accompany was nowhere to be seen.