Chapter 076

« no need to be aggressive »

❝ Players, please gather

❝ Players, please gather. ❞ , the instructor says as Mijin starts panicking since she absolutely had no idea how this so-called 'croquet' game works since she'd never seen nor played before.

In fact, it's Mijin's first time attending the gathering of the rich generations from different companies which she had no clue of. And even worse to add it, her demonic stepsister didn't plan on helping her out so she's really helpless this time.

Even more, Jongseong had baseball practice that day so she didn't have any companion by her side although her boyfriend badly wished to come.

❝ Is that all of you? ❞ , the elderly questions as the inheritors nodded since no one seemed to be entering their sight.❝ Yes sir! ❞ The derived generations replied in sync meanwhile Mijin's introverted self just had to distance herself from the group of strangers.

❝ Sorry for being late! ❞ , the speedy voice exclaims, catching all of the attention in the era as the male appeared with fancy sunglasses and with an auburn sweater and black jeans. The white T-shirt beneath the russet sweater made him look so stylish and not even to add the sunglasses and blonde hair fitting along.

The rushed boy could prove how fast he got here as him sweating overwhelmingly made some of the girls squeal meanwhile Mijin just stood there with a poker face. She's not even curious of who this guy mind turn out to be-or so she thought.

Taking off the smoky glasses, the charming figure finally revealed his true image whilst flipping his hand back.

Mijin's drowsy eyes widened the moment she recognised a whole Kang Taehyun also attending this gathering which was making for an expensive affiliate only....

' Taehyun??? What's he doing here? ' The luminous eyes were obviously questioning as the judged boy flashed a cute little smile. ❝ I hope I'm not THAT late. ❞ , he says in a cute manner which made the ladies giggle but Mijin just threw him a confused look.

❝ Oh, Hwang Mijin. You're finally here...❞ The awkward stares made their way towards Mijin as the popular kid called her name out aloud.

Anxiety kicked into Mijin's blood as she felt uneasy under those gazes of who knows what they're thinking.

❝ Hi Taehyun...❞ Great, now Mijin's suspicions on this guy even extended since his secret image had also been revealed to her.

The game continuously went on as Mijin had just scored 19 points since her stepsister Mijoo was always after her croquet ball to selfishly earn extra points for her.

The master of this game, Taehyun just swung the stick in a perfect shot and hit Mijoo's ball which made him have a bonus shot and eliminated her ball. And Mijin and Taehyun were the only ones left in the game as she knew that she's probably gonna end thanks to Taehyun's superior shots.