EIGHTY

Chaos

Chaos.

That's all Lennon felt as she looked around and saw everyone reacting to the Daily Bugle report.

"Maybe we should've listened to Happy and just stayed in," Lennon whispered to herself while Peter was looking up at the screen in shock from where he was perched.

When his name was revealed and the broadcast ended though, it didn't take long for them to realize just who was standing with them.

"Um... Pete?"

"I can't believe this is happening."

"How can you be with him?!" someone finally yelled, catching Peter's attention, "He tried to kill you!"

"I- no I didn't-" he immediately jumped down to protect her once he saw more people surround her.

"Stay away from her!"

Lennon gasped when she was pulled out of his grasp. Maybe she would've reacted faster if she wasn't so out of it. She did get shot though not too long ago and was still recovering so she wasn't at the top of her game.

"Hey! Don't touch her!" Peter quickly tried to take her back.

"You're just going to kill her so you can be the next Iron Man! Like Mysterio said!"

"Mysterio was a lying piece of shit," Lennon finally got her footing back, going right back into Peter's arms.

"You're just suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Honestly, Lennon, just let us help-"

"Peter."

"On it," he mumbled, "God, Happy's going to kill me."

She held onto him tightly as he swung away from the growing group, desperately wanting to get out of there but also not wanting to hurt Lennon with too much swinging.

"I can't believe this is happening," Peter paused to take a breath at the top of the bridge.

"Even from the grave Beck is still ruining things- shit. Pete, we've got company."

"Crap- I, are you sure you're okay if I keep swinging you around like this?"

"I ever tell you about that one time Nat taught me the art of torture?"

"What?"

"Just get us out of here- please."

"Okay but if I hurt you, let me know and I'll stop."

"I can take it, Peter. I'm honestly more concerned about you right now."

"We need to get to my house before it gets any crazier," Peter sighed as he grabbed a hold of her, quickly swinging away.

By the time they got home and really took in the gravity of the situation, they were freaking out to say the least.

"You have to tell May."