THIRTEEN

Lennon knew when Pepper came into her room in the middle of the night to sleep with her that it was going to be a long day

She just didn't expect to spend that morning in the hospital with Tony watching Happy who was in a coma.

And she definitely didn't expect Tony to give the world their address.

Tony realized his mistake the second he got in the car, hitting the steering wheel in frustration.

"Goddamit! Why did I do that?!"

"You were just sad, daddy," Lennon frowned as she reached over to hold his free hand, "It's okay."

"No it's not," he fought back tears as he kept his eyes on the road, "I completely put you and your mom in danger by doing that. I- I threatened him and told him where we live without thinking twice about your safety... I'm a horrible dad."

"No you're not!"

"I am... shit- Pepper's going to kill me."

"She will if she finds out you used a bad word in front of me," Lennon joked, earning a small laugh from Tony.

"Why are you not more scared, kid? I just gave a terrorist our home address."

Lennon shrugged, "Because I have the greatest hero in the world to protect me."

"I get that in your eyes Iron Man can do no wrong but-"

"Not Iron Man, silly. Tony Stark."

Tony's smile only grew, not saying a thing as he drove them home while Lennon hoped her small comment would help him feel even a little bit better.

It definitely did and Tony suddenly wasn't nervous anymore about Lennon's safety because he would make sure she was safe- he would make sure both her and Pepper were out of harms way.

Pepper didn't see it that way though when she heard Lennon's voice come into the home.

"Why would you bring her into the house, Tony?!" Pepper yelled once she walked downstairs and actually saw her standing there.

"We're just packing a bag for her and you so you two can leave."

"Oh no," Pepper laughed bitterly, "The two of us aren't leaving- the three of us are."

"Pepper-"

"We're leaving! Lennon, sweetie, cmon, let's go pack your bag and get out of here."

Lennon did as told, hoping Pepper would win this battle and Tony would leave with them but also knowing how stubborn Tony could be.

When she did come downstairs with her packed bag, she was surprised to see Tony already waiting for her.

"You got everything you need?"