ELEVEN

"Why are you sad, daddy?"

"What? Sad? Me? No way am I sad."

"But you are," Lennon frowned as she reached over to touch his face, "I can see it in your eyes."

"I can see it in your smile."

"Dad," she gave him a look.

Tony laughed, "That's how I know you only pull the daddy's little girl card when you want something. You literally only ever call me that now when you-"

He stopped short seeing how serious Lennon still was. Normally she would be smiling with him too and already starting to defend herself but she didn't look like she wanted to joke around at all. Still, he couldn't exactly admit something was wrong to his young daughter. She didn't deserve that.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Do you want teddy?" she offered, holding the small bear out.

Tony remembered that bear as if it were yesterday he first got it for his baby girl who he had just decided on keeping.

Wanting to make sure she slept through the night, he thought the teddy bear that was once about the same size as her would help her sleep at night- even if it was out of reach for her after orders from Pepper.

He never expected her to basically live with it, not ever letting it out of her sight for even a minute even when she was 'old enough to not want to play with silly toys anymore'.

So, he was surprised to say the least that she was offering it up for him now.

"But then you won't be able to sleep."

Lennon frowned, knowing no matter what she said Tony would not accept her help.

So, she had to do the one thing she knew he wouldn't be able to resist.

"Can you sleep in here with me tonight, daddy? I'm scared."

"Of what?" Tony immediately grew concerned.

"Um... things."

Tony laughed a bit but nodded as he got into bed with her, "Sounds real to me."

Lennon fell asleep in her father's arms in no time while Tony smiled down at her, wondering how he got so lucky.

"I was wondering where you went," Pepper smiled as she walked into the room.

"Yeah- Thank god I got her a king size bed, huh?"

"At first I thought it was kind of ridiculous for such a little girl," Pepper explained as she got into bed with them, "But now I definitely appreciate it."

Tony only smiled at her, watching her get comfortable in bed as she slowly began to close her eyes, the sleepiness already taking over her too.

"You know, with how much alike you are to her, sometimes I wonder if you actually are Lennon's birth mom."