SEVENTY

"You'd think so many weeks in, it'd be easier but with Iron Man being everywhere and kids at school always mentioning him

"You'd think so many weeks in, it'd be easier but with Iron Man being everywhere and kids at school always mentioning him..."

"It can't be easy, I know," Dylan sighed, "Have you talked to mom about it? Maybe she can help."

"Nah. I wouldn't want to make her sad. Besides, I'm still also kinda mad at her for keeping dad's message about bio mom from me."

"Cmon," she gave her a quick look before focusing on the road again, "You and I both know she was just being a momma bear protecting her bear cub."

"Still, it doesn't give her the right to keep it from me- especially since it was a message from dad."

"So you've called bio mom?"

"God no. I already have enough to deal with, I don't need that drama too."

"I'm sorry. What else are you dealing with?"

"Right... so I think Peter and MJ are sneaking around together."

"What?" Dylan grew wide-eyed, "So you're thinking..."

"Couple," Lennon confirmed, "At first I thought it was just a coincidence they were together that one time but I've seen them multiple times together-"

"Maybe they're just friends?"

"Maybe," she shrugged, "Or I at least hope so."

"Does this mean you're ready to be back together with Pete?"

"Not even close. I mean, I want to be with him, of course, but then I just remember dad and Nat... it wouldn't feel right. Being happy and in a relationship when..."

"Oh, cmon, Lenn," Dylan was glad they were at a red light, "You can't keep torturing yourself like this."

"No. Seriously, why should I be happy when they gave up their life for all of us?"

"So, what? Morgan's just supposed to be miserable for the rest of her life too? For dad?"

"No! That's different. She's a kid."

"So are you!"

"We're the same-"

Lennon stopped short in realization. Because they weren't the same age. Not anymore.

"I know," it was like Dylan read her mind, "Trust me, sometimes I wish I wouldn't have made it too so I could be the same age as my best friend and sister but...  think of it this way, I can be the one to fill in that five year gap you missed... if you ever want to hear them."

"I do. Just... not now."

"Fine, we won't talk about it then. How about we talk about the fact that mom got you a car and you refuse to drive?"

"Dylan," Lennon groaned, closing her eyes and leaning her head back, "I already hear this from mom."

"Yeah, and you need to hear it from me too. Dad did not spend all those days after school teaching us how to drive just so you don't drive at all."