EIGHTY TWO

It felt weird

It felt weird.

Peter living at Happy's with May. But it was the only thing that brought him any sense of normality. It was what was best for both of their safety with how protected the apartment was.

It was also Lennon's little escape from Rachel who was still trying valiantly to be the best mother she could be.

"I love Happy and that he's helping you out but... is this not even the least bit weird to you?"

"This is the most amazing I've felt since getting back from London," Peter sighed as he leaned his forehead against hers, "Nothing could ruin this."

"I could think of something to ruin this," Happy grumbled as he entered the apartment, "Shouldn't you two he getting ready for school?"

"Can't a girl make out with her boyfriend in peace?" Lennon groaned when Peter stood up, pulling her up with him.

"I don't understand why you're not doing this in your own house. When I invited May and Peter to stay with me-"

"You were hoping you and May could cozy up in your room. Don't worry, I was hoping for the same thing too. That way I could sneak in here and Peter and I-"

"I really have to talk to Rachel about parenting," Happy scoffed, "Tony would've never let you even think about sneaking out."

"You're right. I just sneaked Peter in. It isn't exactly as easy to do though in a smaller house with a woman who is obsessed with being a mother figure."

"Then why are you here so early?"

"Todays a big day... first day of senior year."

"She's worried about me," Peter rolled his eyes playfully, "Even though I told her not to be."

"And I said impossible. Ned, MJ and I decided to stay by your side the entire time so if anyone tries anything-"

Hearing the doorbell ring, Happy groaned, "Please don't tell me you invited more teenagers to my home."

"This is the most company you've had in years, Happy. Relax."

"I miss when you were actually nice to me, Lennon."

"Find a way to fix everything and I'll be nice again," Lennon smiled sweetly as she held Peter's hand, already beginning to pull him towards the door, "Now if you'll excuse us, we've got school."

Ned and MJ really tried their hardest to make this first day as normal as possible but it was especially hard with all the stares and whispers.

It didn't help at all when they actually got to school to see the massive crowd waiting for them.

Lennon immediately held Peter's hand, to make sure he knew she was there, every step of the way.

Granted, they all definitely got distracted with the questions and comments people were throwing at them.