TWENTY ONE

Peter Parker really didn't think anything out of the ordinary would happen on his first day of school

Then again, nothing exciting ever really happened to him.

So, he didn't think anything of it when he and Ned walked onto the school grounds and saw a bunch of people all staring at something- or soon he found out to be someone.

"I don't get it," Ned frowned, "It's only the first day of school. Who could be so important already?"

"Maybe it's someone really important."

"Like a celebrity kid?" Ned's eyes lit up, already beginning to make his way closer.

"As if a celebrity would send their kid to Midtown high of all places."

"Hey! Why not? Our school's pretty cool."

"Well, yeah but it's also in Queens. Why send your kid here when you can send them to some big fancy school in Manhattan?"

"I dunno, I think I'd prefer this place over some snobby school in Manhattan," Ned protested, attempting to get on his tippy toes to get a better look.

"What do you see?"

"I see... oh! There's three people- one's a guy... but the hair is a little long. Then again, it's not so long where I mistaken him as a girl... unless he is one, then I'd be really embarrassed."

"What if they're non-binary?"

"Well, now I just feel like shit."

Rolling his eyes, Peter went over to the nearest student, clearing his throat nervously, "Um... e-excuse me? Do you know who they are- I mean the people everyone's looking at?"

"Some famous kids, I think."

"I told you!"

"I need to find a way to become friends with them," she sighed, "With all the attention they're getting- they are a shoe in for popularity."

The girl from beside them now rolled her eyes, "I don't know why you all care. They're just kids- just like us."

"So you're not in the least bit excited?"

"Why would I be excited that rich kids with privileged lives go to our school?"

"You just answered your own question," Ned frowned.

"No I didn't. I do not need Harry Osborn or-"

"Holy crap- Lennon Stark," Peter said wide-eyed when he finally caught a glimpse of her when she walked up the steps of the school, smiling at a boy who held open the door for her.

"That's right- the Iron princess has arrived and is already claiming the school as hers."

"I mean, I don't mind that at all. Look at her," Ned sighed dreamily as he watched her walk into the school.