EIGHTY THREE

Rejection letter after rejection letter

Peter was sure if anyone would make it past the 'due to recent events' bullshit, it would be Lennon. But not even the Stark name could protect her from the mess he made.

"It's fine," Lennon tried to reassure them when they stood in Michelle's job after reading their MIT letter together, "Pretty soon I'm going to be in charge of Stark Industries. We can all just work there."

"Yeah... yeah, totally. That sounds way better than college."

"Guys," Peter sighed, "I am so sorry."

"What? Peter this isn't your fault-"

"What do you mean it's not my fault? I'm the reason you all got involved, that the world knows who I am and you are by association and-"

"And I wouldn't change a thing," Michelle reassured him, "Neither of us would. We love you. We'll stand by you until the very end."

"No," he shook his head, obviously disappointed, "I don't- you all don't deserve this. I... I have to go."

"What? Peter-"

Lennon sighed deeply when he left without another word, turning to the two who were obviously upset too.

"What are we going to do?" Ned huffed.

"Give him a breather? Let him calm down. Then I'll find him and we can go to your place or-"

"Lenny!"

Lennon quickly turned around, smiling when she saw Morgan running towards her, quick to jump into her arms.

"Morgan! I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, sissy," she pouted once Lennon set her down, "When are you coming home?"

"Soon sweetie... hopefully."

"Don't worry, sweetheart. I'm working on it."

"Hey mom," Lennon smiled more as she hugged Pepper, relieved to see Dylan and Harry there too, "Hey! God, I've missed you all so much!"

"We've missed you too, kiddo."

"Seriously, Dylan?"

She only chuckled when Harry spotted the letters all on the counter, "No way! You guys opened your acceptances letters to MIT without us?"

"Not exactly," Lennon bit her lip nervously, "We uh... we didn't get in."

"How the hell not?" Dylan frowned now, "That literally makes no sense."

"Imagine how we feel," Michelle scoffed, "I mean, Flash got in."

"Okay, this shit is definitely rigged then," Harry scoffed as he picked up one of the letters, quickly scanning it over, "Due to recent events? They can't do that! Right?"