TWENTY SEVEN

Saturday couldn't have come soon enough

Peter was tired of having May think he was sick with how much he was refusing to touch anything outside of his room or having to continuously reassure her that he didn't need to see the doctor for new glasses.

It also didn't help that he was lying to everyone at school just to make sure he didn't reveal himself there either.

He just wanted it to be over and with Lennon's help, he was sure that would be closer to reality.

May knew he would be hanging out with Lennon for the weekend, she just didn't know what they were doing. She didn't really mind, she was honestly more interested in catching up on her favorite TV show.

She did mind though when right before he was going to leave, Peter turned to face her with a look on his face as he motioned towards the door.

"What?" she asked, pausing the show.

"Can you uh... open the door for me?"

"And why can't you open the door, Peter? I thought  you were perfectly fine," she gave him a look, arms crossed.

"I... germs?"

She only continued to look at him, making him sigh and nod as he turned to face the door again.

'Just focus' he told himself, trying not to have a repeat of the morning the day before where he was late for school because he couldn't get his hand off his doorknob.

After a while, he finally went to open the door again, sighing in relief when he was able to pull his hand off with ease.

"I thought so," May scoffed, "I do hope you keep up with the whole 'germs' charade when you meet up with Lennon though."

"May!" Peter grew wide eyed, losing his focus a bit from trying to close the same door with ease.

"I'm just saying. I'm too young to be a grand aunt... grand guardian... grand- you get it!"

"May... you do realize I just got into high school, right?"

"Well, it's never too early to have the talk. Which reminds me, should we just get it over with now before you meet her up?"

"We're just going to be studying!"

"Hey, I've had plenty of study dates but it never really involved studying-"

"Goodbye!" Peter quickly closed the door behind him, not even realizing he didn't have any trouble letting go of the handle or even getting all the way downstairs until he heard Lennon call for him.

"You coming in or what?"

"Yup... let's go figure out what's happening to me."

From what he remembered from the trip, the place was definitely high tech. But Tony Stark has barely owned it for a week and already he put his own little touch to the place.