SIXTEEN

When Lennon first demanded Tony adopt Dylan, he laughed in her face

But, soon enough, Tony and Pepper were sitting in the shelter signing the papers to legally adopt Dylan.

And now, they were in New York with Lennon giving her a tour of the tower where the Stark family would be living now that the girls were done with middle school.

"And this is our floor."

"I never thought she'd be so eager to share her room with someone," Tony whispered to Pepper who chuckled.

"You mean her floor? You know- I'm glad we adopted her. I think she'll be good for Lennon."

"For the hundredth time," Tony rolled his eyes playfully, "Being spoiled is not a bad thing."

Pepper laughed, pecking his lips quickly before going over to the girls, "I'm leaving now. Dylan, I do hope you like your new home."

"Are you kidding?" she scoffed, "This place is bigger than all the foster homes I've been to put all together. There's no way I won't like it."

"Good," Pepper smiled, "And I promise when I get back we'll have family time- sorry, family and Dylan time."

Dylan smiled at her, giving her a thumbs up while it was Lennon's turn to roll her eyes before going over to hug Pepper, "Don't worry, mom. She'll be family by the time you get back."

"I really won't- which one is my room by the way?"

"That one- wait for me! Bye mom!"

"Bye sweetheart," Pepper smiled seeing her walk away with Dylan before she turned to Tony, "Before you leave for the mission-"

"I know, make sure the girls have a proper guardian watching over them-"

"Your suits do not count! And, you know, I can't believe you just built them back up so easily after destroying all of them just last year."

"These are different. They were made for the avengers- not for me."

"Okay, sure. Are we going to talk about the fact that you also made our daughter a suit?"

"You know- don't you have a plane to catch?"

"Yeah, yeah," she smiled, "And about the party-"

"Don't let the kids drink, got it."

"Or maybe don't let them attend at all?"

"Bye, honey."

"Bye," she laughed before kissing him one last time and leaving him to rejoin the girls, watching them quietly.n

"I've always wanted a sister," Lennon smiled at Dylan who shook her head.

"Why? Can't you make Jarvis like a sister or something?"