FIFTY TWO

Lennon had never felt more ridiculous than she did in that moment

When she was getting ready for her date, she was excited but when the time finally came around for Peter to pick her up, that excitement went down drastically.

Because it wasn't only her waiting for Peter's arrival. Tony was there, of course, but he even managed to drag Rhodey into the mess. Both dressed in their very intimating suits.

"This is a new level of crazy for both of you."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Tony scoffed, "We're only here because we have to keep working on Rhodey's physical therapy."

"Is the suit really necessary for that?"

"Hey! War Machine is an essential part of my life!" Rhodey defended, "I have to make sure I can still be him. So yes, the suit is completely necessary."

Lennon only rolled her eyes when Peter finally arrived, looking both confused and intimidated at the sight of the older men.

"Wh-what's going on here?"

"Nothing! They were just leaving. Right?"

"Maybe after we show Mr. Parker here what our suits can do," Rhodey smirked at bit, "You like suits, don't you, kid?"

"I... I do."

"Great! So you want to take a look?"

"If I say no-"

"There is no saying no," Tony patted Peter's back, him and Rhodey leading him outside to start said demonstration.

She was sure they were going to be late to their date with how much they were showing Peter and it didn't look like they were giving up anytime soon.

"Now this guy... let's call him Peker."

"Really?" Lennon frowned at her uncle who held up the mannequin.

"It's a very common name!"

"Can we speed this up?"

"Sure," he shrugged, throwing the mannequin in the air and shooting it immediately.

"Jesus Christ," Lennon mumbled.

"Very cool upgrade, right?" Rhodey smiled proudly at Peter, "It's crazy what I could do to someone who might want to hurt my loved ones... say a young girl who I consider my daughter and have watched grow since she was a baby. I mean, I've changed diapers and-"

"We're leaving now," Lennon immediately went to them, "I mean, seriously- did you do this with Dylan and Harry?"

"We did it the second Tony told me he saw Dylan and Harry making eyes at each other," Rhodey scoffed, "We can't risks these boys hurting you girls-"

"Goodbye!"

"Thanks for showing me everything," Peter said nervously as Lennon dragged him away. He may have been beyond terrified but he still didn't want them to not like him.