NINETY

"You're going to forget me

"You're going to forget me."

"What? No!"

"It's the only way."

"That can't- how can that be the only way? Peter you don't have to do this-"

"I do. It's my fault anyone's here in the first place. I have to take full responsibility. I have to make sure this ends here... even if that means..."

"Even if that means we lose everything that's happened between us?"

"Yo-you won't even remember-"

"That's the point, Pete! I don't want to forget! I can't! I- I love you."

"And I love you and I promise you, I will find you again. I will make sure we're together again."

"Bu-but we just got together again."

"Baby, I'm so sorry," he sobbed, pulling her in for a hug, hating how much he was hurting her, "I wish there was another way but I promise you there isn't. I have to do this. Please don't hate me."

"I don't hate you," she sighed when she pulled away, "I just- I don't want to lose you. I can't lose you too."

"You won't. I told you, I'm going to find you again."

"You better-" she wiped tears that fell, "Don't give up on us. On me. Don't you stop until we're together again."

"I won't," he sniffled now, brushing her hair back, "I promise."

"Good... but don't be too creepy either."

Peter laughed now, shaking his head as he kissed her forehead, "Don't worry. I won't do anything to screw us up before we're even together, I already learned my lesson the first time around."

"You didn't. I- I wouldn't change a thing about our story and all we've been through, Pete."

"I'm sorry I'm about to force you to do just that," he sighed.

"Hey, you doing this- as much as I don't like it, it also shows that you're the selfless incredible Peter I fell in love with in the first place. The amazing man May raised to be. She'd really be proud of you- just like I am."

"That's all I've ever wanted. You're all I've ever wanted."

"And you'll have me again," she wrapped her arms around his neck to pull him in close, "I know we'll be together again. We all will."

Ned and MJ watched from afar, both upset about the news Peter had sprung on them too but knowing him and Lennon definitely needed this alone time.

"I love you, Lennon Maria Stark."

"And I love you, Peter Benjamin Parker."

That last kiss was what kept Peter going.

Having to restart his life, and all alone nonetheless, it was hard. But whenever he was in a particularly dark place, he just remembered Lennon's words.