NINETY THREE

For some reason, Lennon just couldn't get Peter out of her mind

"I don't get it. I've never gotten attached before yet here I am wishing I could go back to last night and spend more time with him- make sure I got his number. Anything."

"I'm sure you two will bump into each other again soon enough- literally."

"Yeah. You know I'm not one to believe in that lovey dovey mopey shit but I genuinely believe that is not the last you'll see of him."

"Thanks guys," Lennon sighed, "I honestly hope so. I mean, it's Christmas and instead of having the best time with my family, I'm here moping over some guy- I'm sorry, MJ. I'm probably a huge disappointment to you."

"Far from it. If anything I'm disappointed in myself for working today. I know I hate the holidays but having to deal with customers is so not worth avoiding my family."

"You know, technically you're both avoiding your families," Ned finally spoke up, "MJ, it's always been your plan to do that so it's fine but you Lenn, you say you want to spend your time with them but if anything that's the last thing you want since it's your first Christmas with Rachel involved."

"You can't exactly blame me, Ned. I mean, I know she's trying and I appreciate it but... just feels weird."

"Hey, maybe if you're lucky you'll bump into Peter and he'll be able to distract you again."

"As if. He's probably with his own family and-"

"Peter Parker!"

"Don't mess with me like that- oh. It's really you."

"Hey guys," he smiled weakly, "I didn't think any of you would be here."

That was a total lie but he wasn't going to admit that. He was hoping they would be there. He was hoping for some familiarity especially now that Christmas was here and he had no one to celebrate his once favorite holiday with.

"They were just leaving- Lennon especially."

"I was?"

Michelle gave her a look, leaning in close to her to whisper, "You were just complaining about missing him. This is your chance to talk to him again, get his number."

"Right- yes."

Michelle went to Peter while Lennon gathered her things.

"How are you the prettiest girl and Tony Stark's daughter yet you don't have game at all?"

"Shut it, Ned or I'll take your Christmas present back."

"Shutting up now."

Michelle had just finished giving Peter his coffee when he turned to Lennon, "Can I walk you home?"

"That would be great, Peter. Thanks. Bye guys, Merry Christmas. I hope you like your presents."

"You know we will, not too sure you'll like mine though."