EIGHTY SIX

It couldn't be true

It couldn't be true.

Lennon watched the newscast with a heavy heart hearing about the big fight at Happy's apartment.

Granted, she blocked out Jameson's annoying voice as he badmouthed Peter but there was no denying the text. One casualty.

"Do you think..."

"It has to be May. She was the only other one with him. God, he's probably so destroyed right now. I have to find him!"

"No," Michelle stopped her, "We have to stay put. Especially since we're waiting for his signal-"

"What signal? They betrayed him! They killed May. I need to press the button."

"No!" Michelle stopped her again, quickly took the box from her, "Not until we hear from him."

"Oh give it a rest, MJ. We can't let them be on the loose. They hurt him, May-"

"And neither of them would want us to send people to their deaths- not until they've tried everything."

"They've tried enough-"

"Guys! What we really need is to find Peter! He'll tell us what to do! I- crap- I wish I knew where Peter was."

The three stopped short when there was a response from the ring.

"Did you just?"

"I... I think so."

"Holy shit, Ned! You really are a wizard!"

"I told you!"

"Well?! Do it again!"

"Okay! Don't put too much pressure on me!" he yelled as he stood up, "I'm new to this!"

Michelle and Lennon watched anxiously as Ned began to try to redo what he did- try to successfully open a portal to Peter.

When one did open, they were all definitely hopeful- especially seeing that famous Spider-man suit approaching them.

When he actually came through though, Lennon knew better. Even Ned's lola was scared of him.

That wasn't Peter.

"That's not my suit."

"Your suit?"

"Who the hell are you?" she immediately made Ned, Nichelle and his lola stand behind her.

"I'm Peter! Peter Parker!" he tried to tell them when he took his mask off but that only scared them more though.

"You are not Peter!"

"You're way too attractive to be Peter."

"MJ!"

"What? I'm sorry but it's true," she shrugged.

"I don't- what is going on here?"

"We should be asking you that! Pretending to be our friend-"