TWENTY THREE

"What do you mean she met a boy?!"

"Tony, please don't break that glass," Pepper grimaced, "That was expensive."

"I'll buy you ten new ones," he brushed her off, his gaze averting to Lennon, "Day one and you meet one of the other species?"

"You mean your species," Lennon gave him a look, "Big mouth you got there, Dyl."

"Sorry," she blushed, "I'm just so proud of you. You went from daddy's little girl to Peter's-"

"Dylan!"

"Jarvis, I need you to find every Peter at Midtown high and do an extensive-"

"Daddy!" Lennon cut him off, glaring at him, "Stop being ridiculous, please. Peter's just a friend. I'm allowed guy friends- Harry's one."

"Harry is far too interested in Dylan to ever look at you."

"Wait," Dylan immediately stiffened up, "What?"

"You really never noticed?" Pepper frowned, "That boy is like in love with you."

"Woah woah," Tony immediately turned his attention to Pepper, "Let's not take it as far as to say love. He has a crush, that's it. A summer romance, if you may."

"They've known each other longer than a summer, Tony. They're best friends-"

"Exactly! Best friends- nothing more."

"I'm sorry," Lennon couldn't help but smirk, "Is someone being overprotective of Dylan?"

Dylan had a confused look on her face- one that didn't get at all what that meant. Both the possibility of Harry having feelings for her and Tony being overprotective.

She didn't say a thing though while Tony's attention returned to Lennon, "So, let's get back to the topic at hand, shall we?"

"There's nothing to talk about," she sighed, "He's just a friend."

"He better be- or I swear to god I'm having you homeschooled for the rest of your life."

"You're not going to homeschool her," Pepper rolled her eyes, "Now, honey, tell us about your day really."

"It was fine. Felt a little weird having people actually like dad for a change. A lot of them wanted to talk to me just to talk about him, if I'm being honest."

"Well you should've just started with that!" Tony was instantly beaming, already forgetting about their previous conversation, "Did you make tons of friends? Are we going to be hosting a party this weekend?"

"Tony!" Pepper grew wide-eyed.

"What? Obviously, there will be parental supervision. But if my girl wants a big party, she'll get one."