FORTY EIGHT

Lennon figured if she was grounded, she just shouldn't go to school at all

It really made no sense waking up early in the morning just to go to a building and walk right out to lay on the grass.

So, she stayed home instead. Or at least, her home for the last few days before they were all packed up and gone. Where though? She wouldn't even know.

Pepper didn't like that at all and was completely ready to talk some sense into her- make her go to school. But Tony thought otherwise, wanting to let her lash out this one time just so she could get it out of her system and didn't do something worse in the future.

He actually even commended her for finding a bit of a loop hole in it all. Still, Pepper didn't want to let it go on for that long so they both agreed to only give her until homecoming before they forced her to go back to school.

So, for now, she devoted her time designing a new suit... for Peter.

She figured the best way to say goodbye to him was to give him something she knew he'd love and find very useful at the end of the day.

It was also another loop hole she found in her and Peter's punishments from Tony. He took away his suit because he felt like he shouldn't have it. But he never said anything about the suit Lennon was currently making.

Tony thought if anything Lennon was making another suit for herself but he was definitely surprised when he walked into the lab to see what she was actually doing.

"No matter where we move, you're never going to get Spider-boy out of your head, huh?"

"Nope," Lennon mumbled, not taking her eyes off her work.

Tony smiled softly as he made his way to her.

"I take it you're still mad?"

"Why would I be mad about you punishing me for saving my friends? Or for taking me away from them and the one place that's truly felt like home since you became Iron Man?"

"Oh cmon, I'm sure the kids in California will be just as welcoming as they were here."

"Oh my god. So it's official? We're moving back?"

"No," he rolled his eyes playfully, "We haven't actually decided yet."

"How? Everything's literally packed and moving out right as we speak."

"There's a lot to consider."

"What is there possibly to consider?"

"How about the fact that your mother already has to worry about me risking my life out there and she doesn't want you to follow in my footsteps?"

"Well, Sorry to disappoint but no matter where we move, I won't give up."

"Won't you? Once Spider-boy is out of the picture-"