SEVENTEEN

"I said leave them with suitable guardians!"

"He has a kid- how is he not suitable?"

"Um- we have no idea who he is?! For all we know he could be the worst father in the world-"

"I'm sure he's not. The press would've heard about it already."

"Tony."

"Um," Lennon spoke up, finally getting her parents' attention, "Can I go now? I don't think my new friends will appreciate it very much if I spend my entire time with this helmet on."

"Sure," Pepper sighed, "And don't worry, sweetheart, I'm on my way to you now."

"No you're not!" Tony quickly protested, "Ultron doesn't know where you are- neither of you. So it's best if you stay disconnected."

"Then how are we talking now?"

"I built this line so we could talk privately if there was any danger."

"But since Jarvis-"

Pepper stopped short, knowing how sensitive Lennon still was about it all.

"I'm fine, mom. Honestly. Dad did good sending me here."

"I still don't get why he couldn't send you to Happy-"

"There was no time. Listen, I gotta go. Make sure you stay hidden, Lenn. No starting a very public campaign for Banner or any of us."

"But it wasn't his fault that he hulked out or that you guys made a huge mess! It was Ultron's fault and the world deserves to know!"

"Yeah? Well, make them know after we defeat him. Gotta go, sweetheart. Love you."

"Love you more."

"Love you most- both of you."

"Love you both, too," Pepper sighed before they all finally said their goodbyes and Lennon took off her helmet to see the three staring at her oddly.

"There she is," the older man smiled.

"And you say this is a normal thing for you?"

"I've only been with their family for a couple of months and this is beyond normal."

"Sorry about that," Lennon blushed as she set the helmet back in its place, "My dad is very overprotective-"

"He already explained to me that you can't be around WiFi or people or- anything in general that'll let Ultron know that you're here. I've already taken care of it all."

"It wasn't that hard though, was it dad? We live in a fortress designed to keep anyone and everyone out."

"Harry," Norman scolded his son briefly, "I expect you to be a good host and take care of the girls while they're here- I'll be in my office."