FORTY SIX

"This is how you know she's the favorite

"This is how you know she's the favorite."

"You seriously didn't get in trouble?" Harry was confused to say the least.

"They gave me the silent treatment. That sucks just as much as getting in actual trouble does. Plus, dad took away my suit."

"I seriously can't believe it took him this long to find out you had a bracelet identical to his," Dylan scoffed.

"He swore he knew but he just never said anything cause he didn't think I'd use it."

"Well you proved him wrong," Harry smirked, "I'm so proud of you, Lenn."

"Yeah, yeah," she sighed as they finally made their way into the building, "I just can't wait for this day to be over so they can figure out my punishment already and put me out of my misery."

"If I were you, I'd want this day to stretch out as much as possible," Michelle scoffed, "I mean, seriously. Between going back home where you'll for sure get in trouble or at school where people could care less-"

"Lennon!"

The four were surprised by how many people tried to say hi to Lennon or even had on Iron man merch on but edited it to look like her suit instead.

"I'm sorry, did that shirt say Iron Woman?" Lennon whispered to Dylan who slowly nodded, beyond confused by it all.

"The last time people were this obsessed with you was when you first came to the school," Michelle scoffed after managing to get past a particularly hard group who insisted they talk to Lennon.

"I don't get it. I've always had my suit. Why do people care now?"

"Cause now you actually saved people with it," Harry answered her.

"Well, do you think Spider-man is getting that same recognition? Cause I'd really rather not hear his complaining that I'm taking all the credit."

"Why would Spider-man care what high schoolers think?" Michelle frowned.

"Be-because," Dylan cleared her throat, "We're his biggest audience. We're the ones who buy the merch and convince our folks to like him."

'Nice save,' Lennon mouthed to Dylan as they made their way to their lockers.

The schools news and shirts with spiders on them confirmed that the students were just as big fans of Spider-man as they were of Lennon.

Peter was particularly happy about that, finding it hard not to smile as he made his way through the school building, stopping short when he saw Lennon with Michelle.

"Are you going to finally talk to her?" Ned snapped him out of his thoughts.

"I definitely need to," Peter sighed, "Pretty sure going on the trip made things even worse between us."