THIRTY SEVEN

"No

"No."

"But-"

"If your dad finds out I let you into his room all alone, he'll kill me."

"So we won't tell him. Cmon. This is my suit I'm giving him. We deserve to not have you creep around."

"I don't- I won't creep just- this is non-negotiable. I'm going in with you."

"Fine," she rolled her eyes, knocking on Peter's door.

It didn't take long before an excited Peter opened the door, dressed in his original suit.

"What in the fuck are you wearing?"

"I- my suit?"

"Jesus- did you not open the suitcase?"

"What suitcase?"

"See! I told you I should've just given it to him myself!"

"What- Lenn, I don't think you could go in- woah! That's a part of my room too?!"

"Yes, Peter," she giggled, "And I want to present to you- tada!"

"Is that what I think it is?"

"After months of working on it, yes. Your official suit."

"Oh, I'm so excited," he beamed, moving to open the suitcase, gasping when he actually saw what was inside, "No fucking way!"

"So you like it?" Lennon bit her lip nervously.

"Like it?! I love it!" he laughed, quick to go to her and pulling her into his arms, hugging her tightly, "Thank you so much!"

When Happy noticed they stayed in this embrace for longer than he liked, he cleared his throat, "Release the girl, Parker. And put your actual suit on. Cmon, Lenn."

She followed Happy and stayed with him the entire time after Peter left, even though all she wanted to do was join in on the fight and be of actual use.

Later that night when Peter returned all beat up, she sighed as she tended to his wounds, knowing a medic already did but just wanting to make sure they didn't get infected.

"I'm just saying if I were there no one would've gotten away."

"I highly doubt that. These guys were crazy. I'm surprised I got away.

"Cmon, I made dad promise to protect you. Of course you got away," she brushed him off, "If anything would've happened to you, I would've disowned him."

"And... and why exactly do you care so much? About me and my safety, I mean?"

"Why wouldn't I care? You're my friend," she frowned.

"Right..."

Peter couldn't hide his disappointment well enough, which confused Lennon because just a couple days ago he was obsessed with Liz yet now he seemed to have forgotten about her completely.