THIRTY FOUR

Lennon could barely sleep after Tony told her all about his plans with Peter

She knew she had to tell him, she just didn't know how after he specifically told her he didn't want Tony to know.

Granted, it wasn't her fault her father was so nosy but still, she had a feeling Peter would feel betrayed and she didn't want that from a person she had gotten so close to in a span of months.

Still, she held off on telling him until the day had finally arrived. So, she knew it had to be done before school was over and he'd walk into Tony's trap that he told her he was setting.

"Peter," she quickly went to sit with him in the cafeteria during lunchtime, noticing that he was alone so this was her chance to speak freely, "I really need to talk to you about something important."

"Can't it wait?" Peter didn't really pay attention to her, let alone look at her, "I'm a little busy."

"Doing what? What are you looking at?" Lennon frowned, following his gaze to a clueless girl who was talking to her friends, "Liz, really?"

"We had a meeting the other day- which you missed by the way."

"I was busy. I'm sorry."

"Anyway, she and I finally got to talk and... she's so nice, Lenn. You'd think because she's older and popular she wouldn't care about being nice to a loser like me but... she's just perfect."

"Peter, I get it and I agree. She's perfect but I really need you to listen to what I have to tell you."

"I know but I'm still pretty busy-"

"Staring down Liz is not something that takes precedence over what I have to tell you."

"It really can't be as important as- holy shit she's coming over. Act natural."

Lennon resisted the urge to roll her eyes when, surely enough, Liz soon stood in front of their table.

"Hey, Peter."

"Hi Liz," he smiled like some lovesick puppy.

"And Lennon, it's so good to see you. I was worried when you didn't show up to practice the other day."

"Yeah... sorry, I already explained to Mr. Harrington though that I was busy so..."

"It's totally cool," she giggled, "You did miss the announcement though that I am officially going to be captain next year."

"Congratulations."

"Yeah, seriously," Peter continued to beam, "You deserve it."

"Thank you! I actually came over here because- well I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Nope. Nothing at all."

Lennon glared at Peter before faking her best smile at Liz, "Actually, you were."