TWENTY NINE

"You know," an out of breath Peter suddenly stopped from running to face Lennon, "Just because it's a fake gun, doesn't make it hurt any less

"You know," an out of breath Peter suddenly stopped from running to face Lennon, "Just because it's a fake gun, doesn't make it hurt any less."

Lennon chuckled, reloading said gun, "And just because it's practice, doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on you."

"What-" Peter screeched when she began shooting again, managing to dodge each one this time before taking the gun out of her hands with his webs and turning it to face her instead.

"Do it," she challenged.

"What? No- ah!"

"Trained by an assassin," she smirked when she managed to get him on the floor and get her gun back, aiming it right on him with her boot holding him down.

"I get it. You'd kick my ass any day."

She didn't get to respond when they both heard the sound of an car alarm going off, her immediately letting him go and the two going to the edge of the roof where, surely enough, a man was not so subtly trying to get into a car.

"Action, Spidey."

Peter didn't hesitate to jump off when Lennon noticed a person nearby as well recording the whole thing, also perfectly catching the bit where Peter managed to stop the guy.

She quickly made her way downstairs where the bystander was still recording even when Peter swung off after making sure the perp was secured until the police arrived.

"Who was that?"

"Spider-man, duh. Haven't you heard of him?"

"No..."

"Well, you should definitely post that on YouTube. You'd get a lot of views. Queen's first own superhero."

"Cool!"

Lennon smiled proudly when he walked away with their own big smile on their face and she turned to leave too when the police arrived, her quickly going to Peter who was waiting in an alley.

"You did great, kid!" she joked, quick to bring him into a hug.

"I think I'm finally getting the hang of this," he sighed happily as he hugged her back.

"I knew it would only be a matter of time before you started kicking bad guy ass," she giggled when they pulled away, "And I am beyond proud of you."

"Thank you. I really couldn't have gotten to where I am today without you."

"Stop it," she blushed, pushing his shoulder playfully.

"I'm serious! I don't know where I'd be without you."

"Well, you're about to learn. I should leave you alone so you could patrol more effectively."

"So... no more practice?"