THIRTY TWO

"I'm just saying the Sokovia Accords are just not the way to go

"I'm just saying the Sokovia Accords are just not the way to go."

"Of course you would think that. You're biased."

"And you're not? Your dad is Tony Stark. Of course you're taking his side."

"We're taking his side because he's right," Dylan attempted to defend their choice, "Superheroes need to be kept in check. If not, what if one day they decide they're done being good and kill us all?"

"That'd defeat the purpose of superhero, babe."

"Good guys can turn bad- given the right circumstances."

"What like the government forcing their noses somewhere they don't belong?"

"They shouldn't be getting mad about it if they're doing nothing wrong in the first place," Lennon argued.

"Peter, help me out here, bro," Harry patted Peter's back, snapping him out of his thoughts on upgrading his web fluid.

"What?"

"The Sokovia Accords. What are your thoughts?"

"Oh! Um..." he looked towards Lennon who only nodded, "Yes?"

Seeing the look of disappointment on Harry's face though, he quickly shook his head, "No?"

"Were you even listening, Parker?" Dylan glared at him.

"Um... no."

"The Sokovia Accords are a supposed to regulate what superheros like the Avengers- or anyone who works for S.H.I.E.L.D. Basically, the Avengers would have to be under the supervision of a United Nations panel who will only sign off on shit if they think it's necessary."

"Oh... well why do they want to do that?"

"Context clues, Parker," Dylan snickered, "Because of what happened in Sokovia."

"And the other day in Lagos," Lennon sighed, "But yeah... that was basically the tipping point."

"Didn't you say that was an accident though?"

"Natasha said Wanda was only trying to save the Capsicle."

"So, why should she or any of the Avengers get in trouble for that?"

"Thank you!"

"They're not getting in trouble. They're being held accountable. 26 people died in Lagos. And then there's Sokovia, D.C.... New York."

"Is that why your dad is for this?"

"He realizes the mistakes he made and he just wants to make them right," Lennon frowned, "Even if that means signing a deal with the devil. And we all know how much dad hates the government."

"When I saw Tony at that court hearing, I decided then and there he was my idol," Harry smirked, "But now..."

"Now he's taking responsibility for his actions and I respect him for that."