TWENTY SIX

"So you think he's dead?"

"What? No! I didn't say that!"

"Is that why we're going to his house instead of straight to school like we normally do?" Dylan smirked, arms crossed.

"I'm only doing that to make sure he's okay. Not to check if he's dead."

"Fine, fine. Just, hurry up. Harry's already probably waiting for us."

"Right. Wouldn't want to keep your boyfriend waiting."

"I swear to god, Lennon-"

"Oh goody! We're here!"

Lennon left the car before Dylan could say anything else, going up the building and straight to Peter's apartment just as May was leaving.

"Oh thank goodness. You'll make sure he gets to school on time, right?"

"Of course."

"Thank you," May sighed in relief, "I don't know why but he just wasn't waking up at all this morning. I'm running late for work so I can't stick around."

When May left, Lennon was quick to run to Peter's room- especially when she heard a crash.

She was ready for just about anything. Taking him to the hospital, explaining to May why exactly her nephew was dying or even what she'd say to her dad when he eventually found out. But she didn't expect to see what she actually saw.

"Peter are you oka- holy shit."

Peter stood in the middle of the room, just as Lennon had left him, except this time much more ripped and things clinging onto him.

"Le-Lennon. What are you doing here?"

"I came here to check up on you- I don't mean to stare too much but... what happened?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Let's see," Lennon approached him, "You have random things attached to you and your body is ripped. I mean yesterday you barely had a one pack and now- sorry."

"It's fine. But to be honest with you- I don't know. I fell asleep last night feeling horrible but I woke up better than ever. Except for all this. I can't figure out why-"

"It's gone."

"What?" Peter tried to look behind where Lennon was inspecting his neck, "What is?"

"That nasty pimple looking thing on your neck- did you not see the note I left you?"

"Oh yeah, I did. Plus, do you really hate the Mets that much that you had to write your note on my flag?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Alright then. Can you help me get all this off of me?"

"Sure. This is all really weird though," Lennon began as she tried to ply everything off of him, "It's like that spider I pulled out of you last night. It was stuck to its spider web in you but now you... I need to do more research on that lab."