TWELVE

"I'm gonna need you to scram for the day

"I'm gonna need you to scram for the day."

Lennon looked up from her notes with a frown, "Daddy."

"What? It's date night, kid. Mom and dad need a day off- just alone adult time."

"Will I get to do adult time stuff when I'm older?" Lennon asked hopefully, only to have Tony scoff.

"Not if I have anything to do with it."

Sighing quietly, she began to gather up her things, "Where am I staying?"

"Um... maybe aunt Nat can watch you for a bit?"

"She's on a mission."

"Robin Hood?"

"With her."

"Huh... maybe I could hire a last minute nanny."

"Why can't I go with Happy?"

"Happy's a full time security guy now, kid. Doesn't have the time to babysit."

"I'm not a baby!"

"Then why can't you watch yourself?" he joked, already beginning to look through his contacts.

"What if I stay with Mr. America?"

"We already agreed that Capiscle was his nickname. Besides, there's no way in hell I'm letting you stay in-"

When Tony stopped short, Lennon smiled sadly as she reached over to hold his hand, already knowing how many horrible memories that city now brought to him and wanting nothing more than to take that pain from him.

"Can we work on my suit before I go? I got new notes."

"Sure, kiddo," he smiled softly, putting her hand on her shoulder as he guided her downstairs, "Although, I'm not sure mom's gonna let you put that on- like ever."

"If I ask her nicely, I think she will," Lennon smiled brightly, even though they both knew it would be harder than that.

Unfortunately for Tony, the two were so into the suit that he didn't even realize it was about that time for Pepper to get home until he got word from Jarvis that a delivery was made.

"Did he say a giant bunny?!" Lennon asked with excitement filled in her eyes.

"Not for you. Crap- you need to get out, kid. I'm gonna have to have Ellie watch you."

"Not Ellie!" Lennon groaned, remembering the young blonde who barely remembered her name but always accepted any job Tony sent her way for the money.

"Sorry, But there's no way I can find a last minute babysitter."

"You're Tony Stark."

"Don't get smart with me," he nudged her before making his way around the lab in an attempt to clean up.