FIVE

"I am Iron Man

"I am Iron Man."

The four words that changed Lennon's life forever.

It was enough when the kids from her school were all over her for being a Stark but now they had something new to talk about- some even tease about.

Lennon tried her hardest to ignore them and just focus on school, like she always has but the last straw for her was when the little girl she considered her best friend suddenly turned her back on her after what happened at the senate meeting.

"My daddy thinks your daddy's being reckless with his suit and he can hurt people. He doesn't want me to talk to you anymore."

Lennon was upset but agreed nonetheless, wanting nothing more than to just be home so she could cry freely to herself.

She wanted to be proud of her dad for sticking up to the senators but it was hard knowing what the scene he made would affect her school life.

Eager to vent to Happy about it, Lennon was the first of her class to exit the building, only to freeze when she saw her father leaning against one of his fancy expensive cars.

The teacher sighed quietly, nodding at her aide before grabbing Lennon's hand and leading her to the car.

"Mr. Stark-"

"No need for the lecture today, teacher lady. I have Lennon's booster seat."

Lennon returned her gaze back to the others while they spoke about all that was upsetting her teacher. But she couldn't even really defend her father when she noticed her classmates- the people she once considered her friends giggling and whispering amongst themselves as they watched her.

Sighing, she turned to the grown-ups again, "Can we please just go home?"

"Yeah, can we please just go home?" Tony teased the teacher.

The older woman rolled her eyes slightly but still let go on Lennon's hand while Tony helped her into the car.

She was silent for the most part, letting Tony tell her all about his impromptu trip to DC but he stopped when he realized she wasn't paying attention.

He knew her well enough to know something was up.

"What's going through your mind, kiddo?"

"Can we move?"

"What?" he laughed at her sudden outburst.

"I wanna move. I don't like the kids here. They suck."

"First of all, never say that in front of Pepper or she will kill both of us and second, you wanna move to an entirely different place just cause some kids suck?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. Where?"

"Well, Miss Gomez was talking about New York today-"