THIRTY EIGHT

By the next morning, Lennon woke up particularly happy and showed said happiness as she made her way downstairs for breakfast before she was brought back into the reality of New York

Unfortunately for her, she was brought into that reality a lot sooner than she would've liked when Peter was the first person she spotted, looking all cute as he recorded on his camera... a waitress he was obviously attracted to.

It was something so simple. Something she was used to. Boys and their hormones. But it also reminded her of Peter and his massive crush on Liz.

Something she pushed to the side unknowingly but now she remembered, oh she remembered, and there was no forgetting it. No matter what happened the night before between them.

She tried to shake the feeling off when Peter turned around, spotting her as well.

"Hey... what's going on?"

"Apparently I'm known as sticky boy to Germans- even though I specifically told everyone at the party to call me Spider-man," Peter huffed.

"Did you know about this?" Happy turned to Lennon, that same stern look on his face.

"No!"

"I wish I could believe you."

"Well, you should!"

"No, I shouldn't. Because that's not the only thing the paper decided to report on. And your old man is definitely not going to be happy about this one," Happy scoffed, actually opening the paper to reveal the article written about Peter's late night shenanigans. Including...

"Oh my god. Someone actually got a picture of our kiss?"

"Apparently sticky boy here got a kiss of appreciation from billionaire Tony Stark's little girl as a thank you for saving her life."

"I- he did not save my life!"

"Really? That's what you're upset about?"

"I mean, I obviously can't deny that we kissed."

"Please tell me Mr. Stark isn't going to leave me in Germany," Peter mumbled.

"No promises, kid."

Tony, of course, didn't leave him stranded in Germany... even though he seriously contemplated it.

In no time they were on the same plane back home but this time instead of sitting as far away as possible from them, Happy sat directly across from them.

"What are you doing?"

"Sitting."

Peter cleared his throat, "I uh... I thought one of the reasons you liked this plane so much was because of how spacious it was... and you loved how you could get as far away from us as you could."