NINETY ONE

With Lennon's birthday quickly approaching, it was safe to say that everyone was eager for her to turn seventeen- after all, that meant she was a year closer to her freedom

Sure things have changed a bit since Rachel was now starting to understand how important New York and her friends and family were to her but it would still be nice for Lennon to not have to worry about stepping on her toes for once.

Being closer to eighteen also obviously meant she was a step closer to being in charge of Stark Industries, like her dad wanted.

Pepper wanted it too if she were being honest, eager to be a full time mom more than anything else.

But with her acceptance into MIT, it definitely changed things a bit.

She would focus on being a college student first and getting her degree before she focused on running an entire company.

Not that she wasn't excited for continuing her father's legacy but with all the legal issues Pepper had to deal with following Mysterio's death, she was happy to at least be able to focus on teenage problems, including getting everything ready for her birthday party.

"Where were you today, anyway?" Lennon asked Happy who continued to push around the cart full of things for the party.

"Dropped by to see May, dropped off some flowers for her."

"I really wish I could've met her, Happy. She seemed really important to you."

"She was- she is. The weirdest thing happened today, actually. A kid I had never seen before- Woah."

Lennon looked out the window to where he was looking, surprised to see Spider-man swinging about.

"I haven't seen him since that fight at the Statue of Liberty."

"So you didn't make him that suit?"

"As pretty as it is, no. Unbelievable. He didn't even thank me for helping him."

"I mean, he's a pretty private person, Lenn. Can't blame him for that."

"Yeah. Sure. Still, a thank you would've been nice. Maybe I would've invited him to my birthday party."

"Your guest list is already more than enough. Is your plan to scare Rachel away with everything you've got set for tonight?"

"Of course not. I just have to make sure everything's perfect- especially since she's allowed Pepper and the girls to come."

"Everything will be perfect. I mean, sure this is just your first party you're planning by yourself and usually Tony plans the night out to be a giant spectacle-"

"Oh no. We do not need a repeat of my fifth birthday party when he attempted to recreate an entire zoo just because I said a squirrel was cute."

"That's Tony for you," he smiled sadly, making Lennon realize just how upset he was. Of course he wouldn't be up for shopping or planning an entire birthday party, not with everything that just happened.