NINETY SEVEN

"Are we sure we even believe him?"

"He seemed really genuine."

"That and he literally shot webs out of that thing."

"And he swung away."

"Okay, so he's Spider-Man," Michelle sighed, "Did you tell Happy?"

"No. He would lose his mind. The fact that I found out who it was before him, then there's the fact that he'll think I'll be in all this danger now-"

"Wouldn't you be? We figured out he was Spider-Man but we didn't find out his intentions. Besides, don't the bad guys usually go for the girlfriends?"

"I am not his girlfriend," Lennon scoffed, "He actually... he hasn't spoken to me since that night."

"No way. Is he ghosting you now?"

"Seems like it," she sighed as she looked down at her coffee, "I shouldn't have let Happy get to me. I should've just left things alone."

"Hey, no. Don't do that. You deserved to know the truth- especially if it's putting your life in danger."

"I don't know if it's doing that though. I mean, let's be real. My life's in danger enough as it is. Getting control of Stark Industries at some point and Aim if anything happens to Rachel, my life will always be in danger."

"You thought this out, huh?"

"I've had to. After everything that happened... I have to always look ahead and try to spot any danger before it becomes an actual problem."

"Well, okay then. You just have to explain that to Peter."

"How? I haven't seen him since that night."

"Now, I am not one to condone stalking or even a girl chasing after a boy but- you know where he lives, right?"

"Um... yeah?"

"So go there, duh," Michelle rolled her eyes playfully, "God, I thought you were supposed to be the genius."

"Okay, I don't know what I did to deserve this hostility-"

"You should know by now it's not you," Ned gave her a look when Michelle walked away to greet the new customers, "It's all of them."

"I don't see why she doesn't just take the job I offered her at Stark Industries."

"Oh cmon, like MJ would ever take a job just given to her. She's not like me- she actually has some pride."

"Hey, just because I gave you the job, doesn't mean you don't kick ass at it. You already have more friends there than I do."

"I find that highly impossible. Although, I can see how that happened considering we just told you to go after Peter yet you're still here. How are you supposed to make friends- or even boyfriends for that matter when you're just sitting on your ass?"